Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is gonna be a real banged up snow measurement out of NYC tonight because they may snow hard for another 2 hours yet their last measurement before the changeover was 20 mins ago...this should be interesting, they actually cranked their 0.1 from last week to 0.7....I assume based off the liquid equivalent as well as the EWR and LGA reports

Biggest band of the day incoming here in Sussex Co. Grabbing a Lagunitas Brown Shugga and off we go into the Jebwalk.

Don't worry about the transitions --- get out there and enjoy this snow!

15.8 degrees and about to rip.

Just got back in from one...had a random ridiculous gust of wind. Can tell we had some stronger gusts earlier, this pic is at the bottom of a small hill:

A331A122-0831-4FAB-A5A3-3FCD38552817_zps

There is gonna be a real banged up snow measurement out of NYC tonight because they may snow hard for another 2 hours yet their last measurement before the changeover was 20 mins ago...this should be interesting, they actually cranked their 0.1 from last week to 0.7....I assume based off the liquid equivalent as well as the EWR and LGA reports

Central Park should have 5" or so from this, based on reports from NW Queens and the fact they will try to hold off the changeover longer in Manhattan than Staten Island/Rockaways.

Fascinating, temps just dipped to their lowest of the day after starting to climb, the wind went from ENE to N. 

models underestimated the cold air damming holding on and strengthing instead of giving way at the surface - aloft might be a different story later

LOL at the 19 in Newark...awesome. Somewhat reminiscent of Feb 14th 2007 right now with the low level cold hanging on in a big way...was supposed to go over to rain but it never got higher than low 20s..of course that was all sleet and with Feb ocean temps. Id say regardless of what happens here this was a successful snow for mid-Dec!

27.0 and heaviest snow of day....I still say the heaviest snow will negate the surge, freezing rain/ sleet probably but not all liquid to the end.

That surge will just touch the western shore of nass county, it'll collapse south, inch north but not overrun the island south to north completely

Coming down quite hard here in Long Beach as well, temp still 28. The cold air is trying to fight on, I'll give it that much. My temp is still at 28. Looks like the mixing line has stalled again south of Sandy Hook-any time we can buy to rack up accumulations. The more intense snow might be trying to keep the cold air in place as long as possible. I think it'll sweep through my area by 8:30, and then make it to Central Park before 10:00. It's going to struggle to make it far past that given the cold air over NJ. 15 degree air isn't going to yield whatsoever. Much of NYC might luck out and come in with 4-6". I'll probably end up with 2-3". Just about what I expected out of this.

There's is a real possibility this becomes a serious icing event for some. The prob is .25 to .35 still have to come thru the flows the warm air

comes NW to a point. Mid level warmth is coming into an air mass that has temps in the mid teens not upper 20s

Thats gona take time erode. Pp are gona flip to frz for some time then it quits. It's not a cut and dry flip to rain away from the coast

Archived