mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's hard to believe the "last" snowstorm of the season is going to miss us 200 miles to the south.

and with prolonged cold, March should produce sooner or later.

There's definitely a much greater than normal chance of getting a snow event this month than normal but I'm not getting into that right now. If it happens, it happens.

that's a good point. as i remember it the general call was for 18 to 24" and some were 12"18"

but still... regardless... there was snow. i dont think i'll see anything from this one.

But imagine right now as snow should be breaking out and the forecast is STILL 18-24" and the radar looks like it does now lol..then they drop it to 12-18..6-12..4-8..3-6...all in 24 hours. At least with this storm we saw the models start bailing 2days out

But imagine right now as snow should be breaking out and the forecast is STILL 18-24" and the radar looks like it does now lol..then they drop it to 12-18..6-12..4-8..3-6...all in 24 hours. At least with this storm we saw the models start bailing 2days out

yep. march 2001 was the all time cluster fook. 

but we did have a brief moment with the current event where the GFS and euro gave us (CNJ) 12" at the same time.

busts are par for the course with this pastime... but this one is sizable.

yep. march 2001 was the all time cluster fook.

but we did have a brief moment with the current event where the GFS and euro gave us (CNJ) 12" at the same time.

busts are par for the course with this pastime... but this one is sizable.

I don't know. For me 3 days out from an event anything is still fair game.

Forecasts for snow amounts really shouldn't be posted before that anyway. We had decent model agreement from the gfs/euro but of course the usually useless nam and inconsistent ggem said otherwise but people said ignore them.

Gotta love the email from Mountain Creek this morning (just shameless):

Welcome to Winter 2014
The Season That Keeps on Giving!

Apparently, March isn’t just coming in like a lion – it’s roaring in with up to 18 inches of snow expected through Monday! Forecasts are calling for up to 2 inches of fluffy powder to fall per hour, which means there’s no end in sight for our already incredible spring skiing conditions!

We’re officially extending our season through the end of March – don’t miss out on unlimited skiing and riding for the rest of the season with the all-new
Springster Pass – just $99.99! Time to drop everything you’re doing and get out and play!

SnowfallMarch14.jpg

Save25SnowedIn.jpg

Beat the storm and get snowed in with us! Stay between Sunday, March 2nd and Tuesday, March 4th and save 25%!
Call 973-827-5996 ext. 2 and mention “Snow Alert” to book.

*Restrictions apply.

This one was really lost when we started to loose the phasing out west and a strong miller B developing off the coast. Sure it would have briefly been warm at the immediate coast but we would have all gotten a nice storm in the end. This is just terrible. Bitter is too tame a word to describe how I feel after following this for almost two weeks.

Don't worry I won't read this ;-)

Welcome to Winter 2014

Apparently, March isn’t just coming in like a lion – it’s roaring in with up to 18 inches of snow expected through Monday! Forecasts are calling for up to 2 inches of fluffy powder to fall per hour, which means there’s no end in sight for our already incredible spring skiing conditions!

We’re officially extending our season through the end of March – don’t miss out on unlimited skiing and riding for the rest of the season with the all-new Springster Pass – just $99.99! Time to drop everything you’re doing and get out and play!

SnowfallMarch14.jpg

Save25SnowedIn.jpg

Beat the storm and get snowed in with us! Stay between Sunday, March 2nd and Tuesday, March 4th and save 25%!

*Restrictions apply.

I can see there mountain summit from my backyard and mountain peak is at the same elevation as my house. They always measure a few more inches than me too. Comical

I see that not only that the heaviest snow is progressively further and further south of NYC metro, but also that no one is calling for any 10-14 anywhere at this point.  After years of gradually mellowing out with regard to wishing for snow, it's amazing how I am still instinctively happier that at least no one is expected to get that much now.

Edit (I mean with regard to the NWS forecast from Mt. Holly)

Welcome to Winter 2014

We’re officially extending our season through the end of March – don’t miss out on unlimited skiing and riding for the rest of the season with the all-new Springster Pass – just $99.99! Time to drop everything you’re doing and get out and play!

SnowfallMarch14.jpg

Save25SnowedIn.jpg

*Restrictions apply.

grumpy-cat-meme-1_zps05db5b11.png

that's a good point.  as i remember it the general call was for 18 to 24"  and some were 12"18"

but still... regardless... there was snow.  i dont think i'll see anything from this one.

that's a good point.  as i remember it the general call was for 18 to 24"  and some were 12"18"

but still... regardless... there was snow.  i dont think i'll see anything from this one.

we didn't see any snow in Woodbridge from that storm, just light sleet, and nowhere near 4in. Accums in Woodbridge were less than 2 in.

I wonder if this bust tops March 2001. I've never, EVER trusted early March snowstorms that promise to legendary. We haven't had a footer since the 1960s for a reason.

Nah.....this one was a letdown, but march 2001 there was 2 feet + forecasted that busted. This was more of a 6" up to 12" that busted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived