12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that at the same time frame the GFS some days ago showed us a big snowstorm for Monday, we could calculate using its algorithm that the storm that misses us this Saturday will be a major event, probably a HECS.

In defending the models, if you follow the evolution of tonites storm from last week! thought the models did a great job in adjusting their output fom run to run. Sure it turned out disappointing, but pretty accurate.

This storm reminds me of the march 2001 debacle, to a lesser extent. We're 48 hours from a MECS / HECS and then it gets flushed down the toilet. What really hurts is that the GFS never wavered from a major storm for several days. Other then the superstorm of 93, what the hell is the deal with all these near misses of march storms!

This one was really lost when we started to loose the phasing out west and a strong miller B developing off the coast. Sure it would have briefly been warm at the immediate coast but we would have all gotten a nice storm in the end. This is just terrible. Bitter is too tame a word to describe how I feel after following this for almost two weeks.

This one was really lost when we started to loose the phasing out west and a strong miller B developing off the coast. Sure it would have briefly been warm at the immediate coast but we would have all gotten a nice storm in the end. This is just terrible. Bitter is too tame a word to describe how I feel after following this for almost two weeks.

You got that right, yanks. A lot  of lost sleep for nothing. You win some you lose some. Oh well, part of the hobby i guess. Let's hope next friday's storm makes up for this one. We could use another threat to quickly forget about this one.

the current 5 year period is the snowiest 5 year period in 100 years. it pretty much ties 1914-1918. it would be interesting to know what the numbers look like going back an additional 100 years.... to about 1800. no matter what, it's been a hell of a run for snow lovers.

Considering the dud of 11-12, thats even more impressive.

Archived