joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm 12/8-9 Observations/Nowcasting II

nj2va

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno my temp hasn't budged since the rain started, at 31.4.  Was only at 30.9 at the "low" just after the first round ended. 

This was a pretty wicked high in the end. It moved in with the storm well too so it's not super simple to dislodge.

Seemed this afternoon everyone was saying it was way colder than modeled and the models were going to bust high... now the opposite.

Seemed the raw outputs were close or even cold on many models outside the megaband earlier. Though I was freezing my arse off watching snow slowly accumulate so I only had an occasional view.

Yup....frz rain accumulating on everything here. Bust calls are premature.

The comments in here are pretty funny. Just reading the last few pages of obs would indicate there's no uniform pattern in how temps are responding once the precip moves back in. Shoot up, hold steady, drop, slow rise, etc... There're obviously going to be micro-scale differences in how tenacious the cold is across the region. 

Slowly rising. Up from 30.0 to 30.4.

nj2va, where are you in arlington? i'm not seeing real fzra accums in rosslyn right now.

also, the ground stop at DCA must be over cause i keep thinking i've heard thunder when in fact its just an aircraft. silly wishcasting.

Archived