joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm 12/8-9 Observations/Nowcasting II

nj2va

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps are rising across the area. So much for this being wicked CAD. I doubt anyone in the populated area sees FZRA all night or anything. Just a cold miserable rain.

We need a block even with a mega high.  Well, we along the I95 corridor at least. 

Temps are rising across the area. So much for this being wicked CAD. I doubt anyone in the populated area sees FZRA all night or anything. Just a cold miserable rain.

that was forecast by every run of every model....I think the favored areas hold on longer, but yes...it is an eventuality for all of us

Yes, but it just seems fast. DCA and Baltimore are already at freezing or very close. Heavy rain at 31.9 degrees won't give you an ice storm.

Raw model outputs are usually too cold. I think we're relying on them more than we used to as the maps get prettier and data more readily available.

dont have a reliable thermo here in rosslyn, but not seeing appreciable fzra here other than what's already on the leaves, ground and railings. was just outside and feels warm to me. perhaps just a cold rain here? time will tell i guess, but im thinking phin may be right for us folks who are close in / in dc proper.

Yes, but it just seems fast. DCA and Baltimore are already at freezing or very close. Heavy rain at 31.9 degrees won't give you an ice storm.

yes...us on the fringes could get there pretty quickly...not sure how lomg I will hold on

Archived