Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential Record Breaking Cold Sunday/Sunday Night---Late Nov Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like the main theme model wise has been to have rain changing to snow from NW to SE. That would appear to be the best idea at this early juncture based on all the 12z guidance. A way west wound up system makes the least sense based on progressive pattern and the OTS solution also seems less likely . We wait

It seems like the main theme model wise has been to have rain changing to snow from NW to SE. That would appear to be the best idea at this early juncture based on all the 12z guidance. A way west wound up system makes the least sense based on progressive pattern and the OTS solution also seems less likely . We wait

Why would the OTS solution seem less likely?  I actually think that is what might occur... the flow and the inhospitable Atlantic got me leaning that way for now.  I really hope that I am missing something

Tend to agree.  Not sure I buy a closed 550 low south of Mobile AL.  Likely too deep and too slow in the southern stream... typical euro bias really.   Split the GFS/Euro track, maybe similar to the ukie track, but weaker than the ukie.  Normal lp, not a deep bomb.  Seems reasonable to me.

Lol. Why is OTS or west less likely?? That makes no sense

Lol. Why is OTS or west less likely?? That makes no sense

All solutions are on the table.  I'm curious to see how the northern stream comes into play with this system right now.  We already have the cutoff low sitting out in the SW and it's sampled pretty good right now.  It looks like we may have a rather strong s/w coming out of Canada and timing/location of that is key.  Obviously not saying the cutoff in the SW is not important, I just feel for those who want a "wintry appeal" should look N.

I can see a phased bomb being difficult to achieve in this pattern...a strung out solution is definitely viable.

Regardless though, no solutions within the envelope established the last 2 days should be discounted...it is going to be difficult to get a lot of wintry precip out of this in general unless you are on picnic tables in the northern mountains.

I can see a phased bomb being difficult to achieve in this pattern...a strung out solution is definitely viable.

Regardless though, no solutions within the envelope established the last 2 days should be discounted...it is going to be difficult to get a lot of wintry precip out of this in general unless you are on picnic tables in the northern mountains.

Hopefully Central Vt at 1420' has potential as well. I was up there last year ( post xmas storm for about 14 inch storm and i'm hoping this baby is a QPF bomb, that deepens as it goes over SNE

And even then it might be difficult if it ends up too far west.

The region for all snow on this would be very, very narrow. No way to pin that down till probably 24 hours out. No matter where you are, the higher probs are likely absolutely nothing, or a rain storm...with a snowstorm being the lesser chance.

Lol. Why is OTS or west less likely?? That makes no senseRecall when today was supposed to be sunny and 50 and torch and 60 tomorrow? Everything sped up a day. Same caveats apply for this. You speed it up you don't phase inland

Well not having it "phase" and be a bomb doesn't necessarily mean we can't have a system run inland. It's all just timing.

Recall when today was supposed to be sunny and 50 and torch and 60 tomorrow? Everything sped up a day. Same caveats apply for this. You speed it up you don't phase inland

I could see it wound up like the GFS ensembles too,.  Too early to say either way.

On the euro, the nrn stream energy really stretches and shears out leaving it more srn stream driven and more disorganized.

Archived