CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you have got to be kidding me.  That has to be one of the most disorganized airports I have ever been through.  I can't the count the number of times I have been delayed there on a connecting flight home to Asheville for three times as long as the drive would be.  Had to stay the night there once cause of fog, seeing as how we waited to get a pilot for five hours before that when there wasn't fog.  Sorry just had to correct you Dave on that not being the "most awesome airport".

Im glad you posted this. It is good to hear other peoples opinions. As for your countless delays, I dont see how that is the airport or airlines fault. If you were waiting for a pilot or crew member well then thats the airlines issue. And it couldve been maybe the other pilot had reached his limit of flight time for that day or a medical issue? Just some thoughts.  I love CLT. It beats DCA and IAD for sure. It has everything one would need when traveling. Except for two things, no indoor pet relief area for guide dogs or people traveling with pets and also not that Im a smoker, but there is no smoking lounges in the airport either. But otherwise, I simply love it. they are dumping a ton of money in a new rental car garage all in one facility and they have the new runway which will help ease delays as well.

Looks pretty nice though.

Agreed!

So you're saying the inside of the airport sucks because of fog and delays? What does that to do with it being nice on the inside? 

:) 

Biggest problem with the Charlotte airport is US Air.

You must have lived there a long time or had a bad experience if you have an issue with US Air. :P

They have been gone for a while in a round about way LOL

KCLT is nice. It certainly beats most airports of its size in terms of convenience, etc. It seems like they're always making improvements to it and the new runway has helped a lot.

Customs can be annoying at times, though.

Yep, well said, I never experienced customs there so I cant comment on that, but  if you have been at IAD, DFW or IAH (pre construction). those customs are awful. And yes, the new runway has been a huge help. I really do like CLT

Wasn't trying to be rude or anything I just have had awful experience's there.  True it has a great layout/design but that's not something that one admires when waiting for a pilot.  This happening once would be a fluke but its happened multiple times to me and makes flying through there a headache.  I am glad to hear that others aren't having similar problems and are enjoying it.  I guess I was just ranting at the mention of it, sorry if I offended anyone or Dave.

No offense taking at all Hvward. :)  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

YOu  can't offend Dave, he has a million buck smile now.  He's always happy, lol. and he shows it :)  He walked around in that airport just beaming, and all those pretty young flight attendants smiled back!  What's not to like?  T

:lol:  Thanks Tony. :D

CR, your new avatar has encouraged me to hope for some real rain this weekend, and just after. It has a hopeful, yet sweetly destructive, cant to it, and I can imagine my drought clouds being pummeled by photon torpedo bursts, leading to torrential gulf downpours.

T

Tony, you will get some rain. And you will get a sleet storm this winter!

Next...,

My sister in Roxboro texted me with some snow pictures. I'm a little jealous. Roxboro seeing snow is kind of like Waycross seeing a 90 degree day in August

:lol:

Yeah Im not going to lie.... this leaves me itching for some more winter weather. Hope like hell this year works in the EC favor for snow.  I wouldn't mind having a good snow blanket this area with a foot or more.

Tony, you will get some rain. And you will get a sleet storm this winter!

Wahoo!!!  I'm taking that to the bank :)  Seriously, to get a loan for some snow tires :thumbsup:

Man, it's nice out there tonight.  Love a good cold wind, and it's blowing pretty cold out there.  I like to go out on the first cold night, and get bare ass nekked so I can remember it next summer when it's 98.  I sure hope that neighbor lady doesn't look out to see what the ruckus is.  I don't want to spend another first cold night in the hoosegow!!  T

There's about 6 different wx model sites I'd like to subscribe to for the winter...kinda sucks since they all have their strong points and weak points, I think.

I will say wxsouth nailed this from the start. He did show what all models said and what he thought would happen which was a major scale down from what models show. He has said no warm up like models were showing. don't think u will be dissapointed

Good morning y'all. So I have to write a 5-7 page formal report for my Prof. Research & Reporting class on any topic I choose. I really want to do something about North Carolina weather. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe of how teleconnections effect our weather in winter or something. Any easily accessible sources?

Good morning y'all. So I have to write a 5-7 page formal report for my Prof. Research & Reporting class on any topic I choose. I really want to do something about North Carolina weather. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe of how teleconnections effect our weather in winter or something. Any easily accessible sources?

The State Climate Office of NC has some good introductory material if you choose that topic. http://nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climate/patterns

Cold air damming in the foothills and piedmont of the Apps is a good one. I could write a novel with all the case studies and the personal experiences.

Archived