Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not true this was my own thinking from my own brain from research i did ,an following the current pattern. no one elses map looks like mine .

Bobbitt,  that little "moderator" tag beside buckeye's name means she can terminate your "contract" sort of speak. lol ..... Just take your lumps, calm down, and enjoy the weather with us.  It's not rocket science.  If you can't, best of luck to you.  Have a great day.

Fairbanks Alaska:

Today: Snow. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs around zero. Southwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight: Snow likely. Less than an inch snow accumulation. lows 15 to 25 below. Southeast winds to 10 mph.

Tuesday: Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs 10 to 20 below. Light winds.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. lows 20 to 30 below. West winds to 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs 10 to 20 below. Southwest winds to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 25 below.

Thursday And Thursday Night: Partly cloudy. Highs around 10 below. Lows 20 to 25 below.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs around 5 below.

Friday Night And Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 15 below. Highs zero to 5 below.

Saturday Night And Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 10 below. Highs around zero.

oh yeah, just throw up a bunch of links too prove what's already a fact that ' a good idea wow !

Dude, really?  You're so intent on being butt hurt you can't seem to even see the good advice that has been offered to you. It's time for you to go, grow, and try again in a year or two.

Fairbanks Alaska:

Today: Snow. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs around zero. Southwest winds around 10 mph.

Tonight: Snow likely. Less than an inch snow accumulation. lows 15 to 25 below. Southeast winds to 10 mph.

Tuesday: Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs 10 to 20 below. Light winds.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. lows 20 to 30 below. West winds to 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs 10 to 20 below. Southwest winds to 10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 25 below.

Thursday And Thursday Night: Partly cloudy. Highs around 10 below. Lows 20 to 25 below.

Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs around 5 below.

Friday Night And Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 15 below. Highs zero to 5 below.

Saturday Night And Sunday: Mostly cloudy. Lows around 10 below. Highs around zero.

Just talked to my buddy who works at the NWS in Juneau and even they were in the single digits this morning.

Also speaking of Alaska, I recently went on an Alaskan cruise and I was talking to one of the locals and telling them how we only average roughly 5-7" of snow a year. He was like: "You mean 5 feet?". I was like dude, I haven't seen 5 feet of snow total in my whole life. He was overwhelmed. He proceeded to tell me they only get around 5 feet in Skagway, but (pointing towards the mountains) he says, "Over there they get 7 or 8 feet". I responded by saying, "Oh ok, we can't talk anymore haha." 

Just talked to my buddy who works at the NWS in Juneau and even they were in the single digits this morning.

Also speaking of Alaska, I recently went on an Alaskan cruise and I was talking to one of the locals and telling them how we only average roughly 5-7" of snow a year. He was like: "You mean 5 feet?". I was like dude, I haven't seen 5 feet of snow total in my whole life. He was overwhelmed. He proceeded to tell me they only get around 5 feet in Skagway, but (pointing towards the mountains) he says, "Over there they get 7 or 8 feet". I responded by saying, "Oh ok, we can't talk anymore haha." 

I think if we all took a one month field trip to Alaska (say the Brooks Range area) we would all come back with a different view of what was a good or bad winter. *everybody go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air; in Alaska right now that would literally freeze your lungs.

I think if we all took a one month field trip to Alaska (say the Brooks Range area) we would all come back with a different view of what was a good or bad winter. *everybody go outside and take a deep breath of fresh air; in Alaska right now that would literally freeze your lungs.

I do have a tentatively planned trip to the Brooks Range for Summer 2015.  I couldn't get the family to go along with a Winter trip to the Brooks Range.  In all honesty, we'd probably die of exposure quite quickly, so I'll be content with our summer hiking/backpacking excursion.

OK time to lighten things up.

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift...

The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.

I miss the snow in Chicago lol. Best winter I have ever been through was the 2006-2007 winter. Saw 50+ inches of snow in my backyard that winter. That February 2007 blizzard was amazing. Fun times. I remember during one winter we had a blizzard warning for Monday and another one for Wednesday and they both busted bad. Those days when you wake to a random blanket of snow are great as well. The icestorms always pissed me off because it would always end as rain.

I was outside today soaking up the sunshine and it was hot    :P    I only ask for something close to "normal" with at least one chance of seeing something frozen falling from the sky  ^_^

I do have a tentatively planned trip to the Brooks Range for Summer 2015.  I couldn't get the family to go along with a Winter trip to the Brooks Range.  In all honesty, we'd probably die of exposure quite quickly, so I'll be content with our summer hiking/backpacking excursion.

I'm jealous :P 

Man Brick is in rare form. Is he this bad during Hurricane season?

Brick is Brick in any season :lol: 

OK time to lighten things up.

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift...

The next year, I didn't buy her a gift. When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.

:lol:

I miss the snow in Chicago lol. Best winter I have ever been through was the 2006-2007 winter. Saw 50+ inches of snow in my backyard that winter. That February 2007 blizzard was amazing. Fun times. I remember during one winter we had a blizzard warning for Monday and another one for Wednesday and they both busted bad. Those days when you wake to a random blanket of snow are great as well. The icestorms always pissed me off because it would always end as rain.

Best winter I ever had was '76-'78 ;)  

76-77 was just plain frigid(the Ohio River froze over) and 77-78 was not only frigid(Ohio River froze over again), but it included the best blizzard I've ever witnessed :D  It's not often you get to climb out of your house threw the attic vent and slide down the snow drifts to shovel out the front door. :lol:   The snow lasted(in some spots) until my birthday in April :wub: 

I was outside today soaking up the sunshine and it was hot :P I only ask for something close to "normal" with at least one chance of seeing something frozen falling from the sky ^_^

I'm jealous :P

Brick is Brick in any season :lol:

:lol:

Best winter I ever had was '76-'78 ;)

76-77 was just plain frigid(the Ohio River froze over) and 77-78 was not only frigid(Ohio River froze over again), but it included the best blizzard I've ever witnessed :D It's not often you get to climb out of your house threw the attic vent and slide down the snow drifts to shovel out the front door. :lol: The snow lasted(in some spots) until my birthday in April :wub:

Wow. Where were you at? Ohio?

oh yeah, just throw up a bunch of links too prove what's already a fact that ' a good idea wow !

Do you not know who you are arguing with? The word "Moderator" means that he/she can ban you from posting on this forum again. However, go ahead and continue with your nonsense and see what happens. Just to reply to an earlier post that you knew more about the weather than we do is total BS. I suggest you read the se forum entirely (I have by the way) and then you will see how much some of the folks on here really know about atmospheric science. Some of us have our areas of passion. Mine is cold air damming and I owe a lot of my knowledge in that area to reading the thoughts and research of others. So, if you want to stay here......read a lot more and post a lot less.

Wow. Where were you at? Ohio?

Yep ;)  I walked across the Ohio River while it was frozen. It was kind of scary, but sooooo awesome at the same time :lol:  We built snow tunnels all around the neighborhood and a giant igloo in my Aunts backyard that lasted most of the winter. I'm not sure how many sleds were broken that winter, but we went threw a few exploring new "offroad" adventures...lol   

I hate that the national media continues to talk about the last play of the Panther game. The boys in black showed that they can make a drive when down and score.

Seriously, I mean its not like they hadn't gotten a pass interference call all night.  The refs had been moving their offense all night in key spots with pass interference but no one remembers that.  

Panthers dominated the whole night, no matter how many third downs they had to face..period

Archived