joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think up and down weather, biased a bit warmer than normal is the story for the next 2-3 weeks. Perhaps we can see some colder trends beyond that. I do like the changes in the SST's the last month, certainly a more +PDO/warming ENSO/better Atlantic tripole look than in early October.

Now, there's a site for sore eyes. Welcome back, man! Can't wait to see your winter forecast. Any ideas on timing? :)

Now, there's a site for sore eyes. Welcome back, man! Can't wait to see your winter forecast. Any ideas on timing? :)

Godo question. Would like to see more signs of blocking before being too bullish on a cold turn mid to late November. Persistent -EPO would likely keep at least occasional cold shots in the forecast through November, as any cold front will pack a punch although transient, see this weekends shot.

I think up and down weather, biased a bit warmer than normal is the story for the next 2-3 weeks. Perhaps we can see some colder trends beyond that. I do like the changes in the SST's the last month, certainly a more +PDO/warming ENSO/better Atlantic tripole look than in early October.

Welcome back, sir!  Glad to have you posting today.  Hope you'll continue to drop in with analysis any time we experience a real threat this winter.

Godo question. Would like to see more signs of blocking before being too bullish on a cold turn mid to late November. Persistent -EPO would likely keep at least occasional cold shots in the forecast through November, as any cold front will pack a punch although transient, see this weekends shot.

Good deal...I actually meant timing of when you might release your winter forecast/ideas. But what you wrote will work too.

Good deal...I actually meant timing of when you might release your winter forecast/ideas. But what you wrote will work too.

I have some conflict on interest issues with posting my seasonal forecast for profit. Hence part of the reason the discussions part of the model page was taken down. However, I will probalby post a brief winter forecast here on this board in the coming few days.

I have some conflict on interest issues with posting my seasonal forecast for profit. Hence part of the reason the discussions part of the model page was taken down. However, I will probalby post a brief winter forecast here on this board in the coming few days.

Understood. Looking forward to it! We always appreciate you dropping by and spending some time with us.

Count on it

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts :wub: 

From all the data I am seeing thrown around lately, it might just literally be a "brief winter".

I think a lot of people learned a lesson after the second busted winter in a row.

I wonder if the fact that every index could point to a solid gold winter, but it could still turn to crap (which is what many found out last year) has caused a more reserved (and truthfully better) look at the data this time around.

Either way, it's still too early to call so I'm not sure why there's a more adamant foot stomp at this point.

Hmm    Watching the Michigan-Michigan State game, where everyone is wearing coats and parkas.  Just walked outside for a few minutes in my short sleeve polo shirt, to enjoy the almost 70º temperature.  I may have to rethink this winter thing.  Time for a cold lemonade.

Archived