• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter

buckeyefan1

My black friday shopping will consist of buying a few pounds of west TN BBQ and a couple of steaks for the camping trip.  Screw all that other nonsense.  (although the 60 inch TV for like 600 bucks would be nice in the fantasy land where I had lots of desposable monies, but whatever)

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be called Red Friday, with all the mountains of credit card debt you know people are racking up....but hey at least their debt is discounted. Wonder what those things end up costing in the long run after the CC company's lay the wood to them with interest rates,

People are such morons.

Am I wrong for enjoying the texting spars between DT, his 'admirerers', and other forecasters? I saw earlier today where someone told him that another 'forecaster' called him a bully :D DT told that fan to report him to facebook for that. SMH... while enjoying every moment of it ;)

Panthers looking legit! Good win today!

The Bears lost :(  

Am I wrong for enjoying the texting spars between DT, his 'admirerers', and other forecasters? I saw earlier today where someone told him that another 'forecaster' called him a bully :D DT told that fan to report him to facebook for that. SMH... while enjoying every moment of it ;)

No  :lol: 

I guess I have to post this here, even know it has become more chit chat than banter about the weather has intended, since the first time I posted in the Thanksgiving event thread it got deleted.

Are we really going to just get rain out of this? If so, that is going to be miserable and stink. I thought the GFS was trending better and better, and the Euro was trending toward the GFS, too, but now it still looks like rain for central NC according to RAH.

I guess I have to post this here, even know it has become more chit chat than banter about the weather has intended, since the first time I posted in the Thanksgiving event thread it got deleted.

Are we really going to just get rain out of this? If so, that is going to be miserable and stink. I thought the GFS was trending better and better, and the Euro was trending toward the GFS, too, but now it still looks like rain for central NC according to RAH.

You are going to get rain.  Maybe a few flakes while you are sleeping Wednesday night.

Don't whine  :lol:  Yours weren't the only posts that were deleted  :P    

Lol you have snow in the forecast on Wednesday. Maybe just some token flakes.

Thunderstorm in Vicinity Light Rain

34°F

1°C

Sonora, TX. That is a heck of an observation. Some places in texas have gotten close to and over .5" of ice. Glad its them and not me. Good thing I guess that area should have too many trees.

5 inches will start to pull parts off your house, and roads everywhere will be impassible, for weeks and weeks if no one in the cul de sac has a chainsaw, or everyone is out of mix :)  I pity, pity them.  Hell, and death has come to town.  Wait, wait...... .5?  Oh, point five is just the sniffles, 5 straight up, is hell and death.  T

I've been a long reader of this forum and the previous easternwx.  Never really posted anything because there are so many experts on here who post and I don't won't to muddle up the forums with any nonsensical comments or questions.  This is weather related but didn't really want to post on the storm thread because this may be a dumb question regarding in-situ cad.

I recall in the past, situations where there wasn't a parent high for a classical cad an in-insitu cad could develop through evaporational cooling and create sort of a pseudo high pressure over the region allowing nw winds to back against the apps.  Are these type of scenarios more easily overcome through waa than the classical cad?  or can they be hard to scour out just like a classical cad?  Just interested if there could be a longer period of frozen precip than advertised at the outset if the models are underestimating the evaporational cooling due to the extremely dry air.  On the GFS the dewpoints rocket up extremely fast with only a couple degrees drop in surface temps.  Is the waa this strong in this scenario to scour the cad out that fast?

Preview of Winter 2013 - 2014 weather models...

LOL...In all seriousness, it's been almost 3 years now since the Boxing Day storm, which was the last event we (RDU) had over an inch of snow, is it ever going to snow again (4+"), it almost seems like it would be a miracle.

5 inches will start to pull parts off your house, and roads everywhere will be impassible, for weeks and weeks if no one in the cul de sac has a chainsaw, or everyone is out of mix :)  I pity, pity them.  Hell, and death has come to town.  Wait, wait...... .5?  Oh, point five is just the sniffles, 5 straight up, is hell and death.  T

I couldn't even imagine 5 inches of ice.... that would probably be the best time to get on your knees and start praying.  With the much the only mode of transportation would be to ski.

Archived