Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raleigh gets about the same amount of snow as Knoxville and a little more than Nashville on average, IIRC. I'm not sure what is surprising.

The good thing about averages is that they eventually catch up, so you'll get your fill eventually. Remember you had two very major snowstorms in three years back in the early 2000s (I'm specifically referring to January 2000 and January 2002).

Pretty sure Knoxville averages 12 inches, but I can't be arsed to look it up right now.

i like the look of this. solid cold before and after the rain event.  Seems thats always where funny stuff happens.    One thing I'm thinking of is the combination of a bunch of leaves clogging up small culverts, and then getting several of inches of rain followed by freezing temps right on its heel.  Seems like Wed travel problems could be worse than normal because of those factors.   

wish there was youtube back when the policeman taking a young Brick home from school after his bus crashed incident took place.  I would share that story with my children's children and speak of it often at family get togethers. 

speaking of weather, my temp has finally started dropping.  it tried to get 40 but never did, now its dropping slowly and currently at 39 here in NE GA.  I hope the clouds have served their purpose to keep the initial temps down so we don't have as far to fall.

I'm just glad I have a wife that gets 6.5 and 12 inches mixed up all the time too.

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter

asked me for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told

the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'. So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.

She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too.'

And then the fight started...

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter

asked me for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told

the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'. So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.

She said, 'You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability too.'

Classic.....

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lol what is that model TWC showed? Gonna piss off a lot of people if all that back end snow it shows doesn't happen. Even gives Atlanta some snow.

GFS, NAM, CMC...

I won't speak for the ECMWF since I didn't see what it showed this afternoon. I doubt it'll piss anyone off since were not talking about a band dumping a swift 6 inches of snow or something. At best it's just going to be some wrap around snow showers (at least here).

You have a wife? :blink:  :o  How in the world did you get one of those? 

Archived