Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a long reader of this forum and the previous easternwx.  Never really posted anything because there are so many experts on here who post and I don't won't to muddle up the forums with any nonsensical comments or questions.  This is weather related but didn't really want to post on the storm thread because this may be a dumb question regarding in-situ cad.

I recall in the past, situations where there wasn't a parent high for a classical cad an in-insitu cad could develop through evaporational cooling and create sort of a pseudo high pressure over the region allowing nw winds to back against the apps.  Are these type of scenarios more easily overcome through waa than the classical cad?  or can they be hard to scour out just like a classical cad?  Just interested if there could be a longer period of frozen precip than advertised at the outset if the models are underestimating the evaporational cooling due to the extremely dry air.  On the GFS the dewpoints rocket up extremely fast with only a couple degrees drop in surface temps.  Is the waa this strong in this scenario to scour the cad out that fast?

Welcome sparklecity :)  

And why do people in the southeast care what that DT dude says? He only cares about the northeast.

He makes me giggle    :ph34r:

It's going to be a long winter...and we haven't even gotten to winter yet!  Haha!

I sure hope so :wub:

Brick, I would totally like to see you get hammered and go on one of your famous "no snow for me" rants. That would be awesome.

:lol: I'm sure it will happen before the winter is over :lol: 

Dsaur

IF you dont get any rain from this then lord have mercy..... then you need to reconsider moving somewhere else out of the desert southwest..... my bad. I mean the desert south-atlanta

Lol, I know, right?  Yet you look at it and it's curving up out of the way of here.  So far, I've only seen a few scattered drops as of 1am, that halted the cad winds on a dime, and turned them light and variable.  No sleet, no heavy rain, only a radar image so close yet so far away :)  At least I have tomorrow to get well :)  I like a front that comes in north/south so I don't have to wait for the sagging :)  Though at my age I see a lot of sagging....and it may be my best chance :)  Tony

For people that like miserable weather.

Brick, The big question for our area is where that front sets up today. It will be very interesting across our region today where some people may stay in the low 40s and other get into the low 60s. RAH last night talked about the front getting close to the US1 corridor. So in short, it may not be cold rain but warm rain.

Yeah, if it isn't going to snow, give me sunny and warm.

I'm pretty sure you have this comment on cut and paste, right?  What percentage of your 3790+ posts revolve around some iteration of this phrase?  I'm setting the over/under at 14.5%.  Place your bets!!

(Now, if we can only find someone to actually perform this research...)

I'm with Bevo and Isopycnic and many others:  bring on the cold and rain!  It's the next best thing to cold and snow!

I'm pretty sure you have this comment on cut and paste, right?  What percentage of your 3790+ posts revolve around some iteration of this phrase?  I'm setting the over/under at 14.5%.  Place your bets!!

(Now, if we can only find someone to actually perform this research...)

I'm with Bevo and Isopycnic and many others:  bring on the cold and rain!  It's the next best thing to cold and snow!

Have to say next to snow, my favorite type of weather is cold. I actually love a cold, dreary CAD day so much better than a hot, sunny day. In fact, I actually start getting down if it's just sunny day after day after day, while even when it's cloudy for two weeks straight I never once miss the sun! I'm pretty sure I'm cut out to live in Alaska or somewhere.

Anybody else get the feeling that winter is over? If you read all the winter outlooks on this board, there is ZERO chance of blocking this winter, about 100% chance of a SE ridge, about a 100% chance of a -PNA, about a 100% chance of tropical forcing being in the wrong place, and about a 0% chance of a SSW. I guess it's over. Another winter down the tubes. :(

Anybody else get the feeling that winter is over? If you read all the winter outlooks on this board, there is ZERO chance of blocking this winter, about 100% chance of a SE ridge, about a 100% chance of a -PNA, about a 100% chance of tropical forcing being in the wrong place, and about a 0% chance of a SSW. I guess it's over. Another winter down the tubes. :(

:tomato:

But NC State beat Phi Slamma Jamma, Buster Douglas beat Tyson, Joe Namath beat the Colts, Chaminade beat Virginia, Villanova beat Georgetown, Penn State beat Miami, Billy Casper beat Arnold Palmer, USA beat USSR

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

XI2fhGq.jpg

Archived