wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the 0z GFS, throw it out! The energy hasn't came onshore yet, hasn't been properly sampled yet!

I have noticed crazy snow solutions are often lost after a cold front passes through like today...but maybe it's just a coincidence of time passing and models losing it. Always seems like the best solutions are offered right before or during a cold front passage.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We are very thankful and excited for this time in our lives.

I was thinking, Snow is a beautiful name for a baby girl... But, if you get news that a boy is on the way, might I suggest Buster?  As in BUST!  Might also be relevant and special timing wise, although I hope not of course.  :snowing:

I got a good laugh out of this and my wife thought it was cute too haha. I had tried to pitch Snowden for a boy's name, but that one didn't gain much traction haha.

That's a huge deal. Congrats - seriously.

Thanks Bevo. Let's all have a round of snow and bury the hatchet  :snowing:

P.S. I should mention that Dumb and Dumber is my all-time favorite movie, so we probably have quite a bit more in common than we think.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We are very thankful and excited for this time in our lives.

I got a good laugh out of this and my wife thought it was cute too haha. I had tried to pitch Snowden for a boy's name, but that one didn't gain much traction haha.

Thanks Bevo. Let's all have a round of snow and bury the hatchet  :snowing:

P.S. I should mention that Dumb and Dumber is my all-time favorite movie, so we probably have quite a bit more in common than we think.

You know you were invited to join us, right?

So you threw away that Euro win on Oct 31? Probably makes sense given this is/was a snow chance and not just a rain event...we should keep the score through the winter.

Yup, I was only keeping track of potential snow events. I was hoping we could at least get some rain out of it, though.

Haha! But the really crappy thing is that next time, when the GFS maintains the storm and the Euro stops showing it, it will be correct.

We should know by now not to trust any model when it comes to snow around here outside 24 hours. Even inside 24 hours is too generous sometimes. Seems like 99% of the time whatever model doesn't show snow 5 to 7 days out ends up being correct. Now, if they all show snow, there might be a chance, but most likely not.

So for 2013-2014 winter the score right now is GFS: 1, Euro: 0.

We should know by now not to trust any model when it comes to snow around here outside 24 hours. Even inside 24 hours is too generous sometimes. Seems like 99% of the time whatever model doesn't show snow 5 to 7 days out ends up being correct. Now, if they all show snow, there might be a chance, but most likely not.

So for 2013-2014 winter the score right now is GFS: 1, Euro: 0.

I prefer to think of it as GFS: 0, Euro -1

No points given for a negative.  Minus 1 for a false positive.  Plus one for a correct storm prediction.

awesome news sir! I wish you luck. Also, lot of parents on here so ask away if you feel the need.

My wife and I just found out we are having our first child. If it turns out to be a girl we have always planned to name her Snow. As fate would have it, next Wednesday we are scheduled to have the first ultrasound and to hear the heartbeat for the first time.

I'm thinking (and hoping) there could be some special favor working for us this time ;) Just a couple of snow flakes on Wednesday would really make that a special day for my wife and I!

odds for an inch or greater next week

North GA, North of I20  6 to 1  +600

Upstate SC   4.5 to 1   +450

Mountains above 3000 feet 1 to 1  Even money +100

NC 2 to 1  +200

Waycross  40 to 1  +4000

Place your bets

If I were a betting man, I would take the 4.5 to 1 Upstate SC odds. The 2 to 1 NC odds isn't far behind.

Archived