CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Banter

buckeyefan1

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He thinks it's going to snow in Waycross............so, he's out buying bread and milk.

. That's hilarious ! Our local NBC affiliate, just broke out the "winter meter" it's a new thing they have, it was a scale of winter weather chances and went from 1-10 with snowmen growing in size as u get to ten! He says its a 3 here and had it at 1 last night ! Lol! I miss Andy Wood!

Not Waycross, but Thomasville in far south GA got 1" of snow on 11/27/1912!!

I was reading in the latest Archaeology Mag. about a prison camp they are excavating down there near WayGone, and they mention a surprise freeze and snow late in  Nov.  They were abandoning the camp ahead of Sherman, so I guess he brought the snow as well as the fire. Interesting stuff.

So when do we get the patented Dr. Abacus's percentage call on snow for Griffin?  Burns said we'd never see our average in Ga. this year, and I said we'd see it from Macon north.  I'd like to be proven right early so I can go, Na Na Na NaNa all winter long, lol.  T

I think the flurry fest of Tuesday night / Wednesday AM, is not getting the attention it deserves ! I'm excited about a flurry or two in Nov! I think since it's only affecting a smaller portion of the upstate and NGA,it's kind of being put on the back burner? All models are showing some form of action in these locations mentioned above and it's only 3 days out!

What's the general consensus on the reliability of the Hi-Res Nam?

Is it any better at 60hrs than the NAM is at 84?

From my untrained eye it seems the 12z Hi-Res at 60hrs has the energy at H570 150-200miles West/Southwest of GFS.

And it's not just a timing difference.  The overall look is further west.

Thoughts?

Archived