• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 2013 Observations & Discussions

Rtd208

I think low temps on the island will fall below the current forecast mins early on, then level out later.  This usually happens when the wind is shifting to the south rather than east, so it could be a little different tonight, but forecasts for similar nights are very timing sensitive.  A few hours of light winds and clear skies after sunset are all it takes to blow the temp forecast.  The high clouds over PA (and timing of when they get here) are part of the forecast problem,  Personally, I think we get down to at least freezing early tonight.

correct you are ! (well at least out here)

KFOX down to 28*..(they dropped 16* in 2 hours !)

..i'm currently @ 34.0* here in Eastport.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westhampton is already down to 28.

Yet the surrounding weatherbug stations are in the mid/upper 30's, something seems off.

FOK is an exception. If you want radiational cooling, you can't get better then FOK. Places that radiate as good as FOK on LI are virtually non existent with the exception of one or two places.

38 here. 

Chris, NYC recorded NELY winds all night; that may have something to do with it. Really didn't end up being the ideal wind direction as progged.

Unimpressive lows all around due to wind. Only 35F here this morning,  was 29.7F a week ago.

Yep, I knew once the park went steady close to midnight and actually went up a degree it wasn't happening.  Like you mentioned, we always get the post-midnight drop of a few degrees, but we started at 38-39 instead of 34-35.  The NE winds made that drop even less pronounced.

The dry pattern rolls on with some showers ahead of the front this week.

Driest falls in NYC

3.50...2013...so far

The dry pattern rolls on with some showers ahead of the front this week.

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_168_precip_ptot.gif

Driest falls in NYC

3.50...2013...so far

The 00z Euro was quite a bit wetter than the GFS thanks to that cut off low.

Not much ensemble support for that fantasy D 10 Nor easter on the Euro.  Any other models have it?

I agree. I think there's about a one in twenty chance of it. And if it happened, I don't think there'd be any cold air to go with it. We'd be flooded with warm air off of the Atlantic ocean.

WX/PT

I agree. I think there's about a one in twenty chance of it. And if it happened, I don't think there'd be any cold air to go with it. We'd be flooded with warm air off of the Atlantic ocean.

WX/PT

I'd be happy with it for 2 reasons, finally get some rain and actually have a real storm.   The lack of anything the last few months has me concerned for winter

Archived