e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October 2013 obs

GaWx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow sky you chopped and screw that reply and you must not know Timberlake too well..... jk :D

Yup if you didnt live here you'd probably would think there wasn't. But its not too far from the Homestead Steakhouse and GKN. On the left hand side(westside) of 501. Literally right near the sign that says Homestead next left. Hard to see it bc of the trees that line 501. But its small though.... used for small single and double prop planes mainly. My sister lives on Antioch church rd. which is the road that runs into 501, I believe. Right at the big movie/ bowling complex. They are currently running Clarksville . I have been up there three or four times a year for atleast 10+ years. I like it up there, and jealous of all the winter wx they always get, compared to me! On topic now, currently 62 and overcast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_County_Airport

Here is a link.... shows a map... 501 is to the right.

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KTDF/map/satellite

Dang phone, chopping up everything ! I love Timberlake ! 62 and overcast

I know what you talking about... cant say I know them personally. Just fyi us locals call that bowling place.... pointless palace! I mean Palace Pointe.  If you love timberlake so much move to roxboro, durham, timberlake, bahama or rougemont.  Usually when we get snow around here the local news crews from RDU come here. I guess over the years its been deemed the unofficial snow capital of the triangle.

Anyway cloudy and 54. NWS going 49 tonight.... maybe a few degrees cooler even though cloudy still a good amount of dry air.

NWS going 37 with rain thursday night a chilly rain at that. But thought this was interesting that they mentioned this.... but stranger things have happened.

THE EASTERN US WILL REMAIN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A BROAD UPPER
TROUGH THROUGH THE WEEKEND...FUNNELING COLD CANADIAN AIR TOWARD OUR
REGION. THICKNESSES START OUT IN THE 1310-1315M RANGE THURSDAY
MORNING...WHICH SHOULD CORRESPOND TO UPPER 50S TO LOWER 60S UNDER
MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES. A SHORTWAVE WITHIN THE CYCLONIC FLOW ALOFT WILL
SWING ACROSS MOUNTAINS THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH A BRIEF PERIOD OF
MOISTENING AROUND 700MB AND A SLIGHT CHANCE OF A PRECIP. THE
COOLER GFS SHOWS 1000-850MB THICKNESSES APPROACHING 1300M...WITH
SUFFICIENT COLD AIR ABOVE THAT LAYER OVERNIGHT...BUT ALL OF THE
MOISTURE IS BELOW -8C AND THE SUB-CLOUD LAYER APPEARS TOO DRY/WARM
FOR MUCH CHANCE OF THE FLURRIES.
LOWS ARE A LITTLE TRICKY AS TEMPS
MAY HAVE A CHANCE TO FALL IN THE EAST PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF MID
CLOUDS....AND THEN THE SAME MAY BE TRUE ACROSS THE WEST AS SKIES
CLEAR AROUND 12Z. TAKING A BLEND OF GUIDANCE...THE FORECAST SHOWS A
RANGE OF 36-44 WEST TO EAST.

Yikes!.....it's going to be a cold night in the Mnts. Weaverville high was very early this afternoon. It has been falling ever since & our current is 46.0°.

Ya same here. We hit our high this morning at about 11 this morning. Our high was 46 degrees but know wow clouds have moved in and temps have taken a plunge. Current temp is 32 degrees.

Archived