Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
October 2013 obs

GaWx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55 was the low this morning. Currently 77 going for a record high today. Summer continues down here.

No more cruises to the Bahamas or trips to Miami to escape the cold in winter. Everyone will just vacation to Waycross in January. You might want to invest in some hotels and tourist attractions along the lakes in that area. Maybe a putt-putt course or two will work as well.

55 was the low this morning. Currently 77 going for a record high today. Summer continues down here.

No more cruises to the Bahamas or trips to Miami to escape the cold in winter. Everyone will just vacation to Waycross in January. You might want to invest in some hotels and tourist attractions along the lakes in that area. Maybe a putt-putt course or two will work as well.

Land value around the Okefenokee Swamp is set to soar.  Rumors of the real world Waycross are going to put the city on the map!

Land value around the Okefenokee Swamp is set to soar.  Rumors of the real world Waycross are going to put the city on the map!

Have you heard about Michelle's trip to Waycross?  Well then, I'll tell ya.

Our resident blonde Michelle, was on vacation in the depths of Waycross. She wanted to take home a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way. However, she was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking for the highly prized shoes. After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle on prices" attitude of one of the Waycross shopkeepers, Michelle shouted, "Well then, maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a decent price!"

The shopkeeper said with a sly, knowing smile, "Little lady, ya'll just go and give it a try, why don'cha!"

"I'm the first female mod on a large weather board." snapped Michelle. "It can't be any harder than that" With that, the feisty little blonde turned on her heels and headed out toward the swamps, determined to catch herself an alligator.

Later in the day, as the shopkeeper is driving home, he pulls over to the side of the levee where he spots Michelle standing waist deep in the murky Waycross swamp water, shotgun in hand.  Just then, he spots a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her. With lightning speed, she takes aim, kills the creature and, with a great deal of effort, hauls it onto the slimy swamp bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper stands on the bank and watches this scenario in amazed silence. Just then, Michelle struggles and flips the gator on its back. Then, rolling her eyes heaven ward and screaming in great frustration, she shouts out, "Damn, this one is barefoot, too!"

.02" worth of light rain and drizzle. Another blackish band of clouds coming in the north... so more drizzle.

I dont mind the cool temps but the clouds drizzle is getting old really quick. Other than maybe a grand total of about 5 hours of partly sunny skies its working on a solid week of clouds.

I'm ready for some cool sun shiney days!

It was 47 here at Otter Creek this morning. Last Thursday morning was the low so far at 38. No frost yet. I went to Biltmore yesterday, and the colors are advancing nicely.

Nice picture Marvel! It will be interesting to see how the first frost plays in with the peak of our leave season here. Could be some neat photo ops

Both RAH and MHX really blew it today, both had rain mostly in the eastern half of the state after say mid morning and then ending by mid afternoon west of I95, instead the suns out here and its still raining well inland....

I'd say its not really thier fault.... all the models were off. Even some local tv inhouse models blew it. According to the models it should have been sunny here and what you said. But it ened up vice versa.

But the front is currently located  over the foothills- Roanoke, Mt Airy to Greenville. But what is near Fayetteville should be heading your way.

Archived