EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
October 2013 obs

GaWx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome 85. Enjoy and hope you guys get a frost overnight.  Not as cool up here yet, right now sitting at 59* in the blue ridge foothills in VA

Nice Dave. Wow man this weather is gorgeous. Hope yall get this beautiful weather up there. I am really looking forward to this week. Our first real week of fall weather.

Very heavy rains have been falling here in Savannah this morning! This is by far the heaviest of the last few weeks! I guess that it is good that the moles are still not here.

Street flooding occuring along my street. There appears to be a piece of the leftovers from Karen involved with this as well as a cold front. Not far from 1.5" in just one hour! Not expecting the moles, but expecting increased incidences of water bugs coming inside. Also, maybe this will somehow thin out the caterpillars here or at least clean up things some. They still hadn't diminished much as of yesterday. Some nut trees have had no green leaves for awhile now due to widespread web coverage. Apparently the persistent and heavy rains of early summer through mid August combined with the dryness since late August have been a prime combo for these fall webworms, the worst in memory!

53 atm coolest its been all night and early morning. High clouds. NWS going for 63 today as long as the clouds remain thick temps will not likely break 60. Strong NE flow should help counteract that as well. Dps are solidly in the mid 40s in the piedmont and may drop some through the day low 40s. But once the rain starts temps should level off 50-55. I don't think the airmass is cool enough or dry enough to make this a solid 40s rainstorm.

Last night some of the short range models where going crazy with the with the upper disturbance across FL atm. Which it may still be possible considering whats along the coast. But to some it up they were showing a stronger lp with higher amounts of .5-1.0+ rains over eastern, central nc and va with good rainfall all the way back to the mountains.

Tomorrow has another huge bust potential.  With the temps and dps as low as they are once we get some rain falling later tonight I dont see the temps getting no where near 60-65 tomorrow. Even with a NE flow at the sfc and slightly warmer air coming in out of the s/se aloft.

Chilly 53 atm. Some light/mod rain trying to back in from the NE. Looks like the main upper low is positioned E/NE of Raleigh. Wetbulb would indicate that the temp could drop to 49-51 once the rain becomes steady. Wether or not it stays like that temp wise all day has yet to be determined.

Archived