Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
October 2013 obs

GaWx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold front is thru Weaverville, wind has shifted from SSE to NW. Temp has fallen from 62 to 57. Still raining with .95" thru the gauge

The front will slowly cross the state today. Looks like this part of state may have to wait until early evening.

I'm still running the A/C (..real humid) but I can see the wife turing on the heat in the near future.  

I've recorded over 2.3 inches IMBY since midnight.  That's a huge over-achiever compared to the NWS forecast of under an inch.  Also, the NWS forecast for MBY has changed dramatically.  Yesterday, they forecasted smooth sailing for the rest of the week after this morning.  Now, they have updated their grids for chances of rain at all times through Wednesday.  From the AFD, apparently an upper low that used to be Karen will meander over the region for the next 48+ hours keeping continued unsettled weather around throughout that period.

I've recorded over 2.3 inches IMBY since midnight.  That's a huge over-achiever compared to the NWS forecast of under an inch.  Also, the NWS forecast for MBY has changed dramatically.  Yesterday, they forecasted smooth sailing for the rest of the week after this morning.  Now, they have updated their grids for chances of rain at all times through Wednesday.  From the AFD, apparently an upper low that used to be Karen will meander over the region for the next 48+ hours keeping continued unsettled weather around throughout that period.

Wow!....nice soaker for sure. Looks like things have come to a end precip wise in Weaverville. I have .99" & the temp is still dropping now @ 54.5° with the wind between W & N. Kinda damp and chilly outside. 

Precip shield really starting to expand across NC,SC in association to the low level jet and the main band back towards the triad is getting stronger as well. I bet some really good rain fall rates with that slow moving wall of water. Maybe this area can get some overpreforming rain totals.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southeast_loop.php

1.87 inches of rain overnight (eastern Burke County), numerous bolts of lightning and rolling thunder early this morning.

Brings my yearly total to 58.72 inches, which is nearly 13 inches above average.

Glad to be here at home for spring break for a few days because it was fun to watch the flashes of lightning and hear the rolling thunder.

.65" from this event imby.

More storms starting to fire between Charlotte and Lexington but probably wont affect this area.

As dry as it has been and considering the amount of rain that fell there wasn't much run off or puddling. Really the ground appears as if it hasn't rained much at all.

Picked up 1.42" between 11:30 and 1:30. Even heard a distant thunderrumble during the height of one of the downpours. Love these types of really heavy rains... you can hear the rain approaching from a distance as the drops smash through the 80' pines, poplars and sweet gums as they come up or down the road from whatever direction they're moving. Same thing when the winds are really gusty. You can hear a good gust or period of wind several minutes before it actually gets to you. Can also hear the gusts that pass through 3 doors down but miss your yard.

Wow!....nice soaker for sure. Looks like things have come to a end precip wise in Weaverville. I have .99" & the temp is still dropping now @ 54.5° with the wind between W & N. Kinda damp and chilly outside. 

Some nice totals for a lot of people. I am near what Marion had about 1.62 inches of rainfall. Absolutely pored last night. Big swing in temps this morning. Went from the 50 in town to 46 when I got home at 7:30 this morning. Right it is very cool with a temp of 55 degrees right know.

I ended up with a total of 2.39 inches IMBY, all of it between roughly 1 AM and 9 AM this morning.  It has stayed cloudy all day, even after the event.  Now, the cooler air is apparent too.  Temperature IMBY is sitting at 64.2 F after a high of 74.8 F just after 1 PM.

Nice Calc. Some good rain we have gotten last night and this morning. Temp down to 52 degrees. It is cold out there. The wind has died down and we are going to start dropping pretty good know.

Some nice totals for a lot of people. I am near what Marion had about 1.62 inches of rainfall. Absolutely pored last night. Big swing in temps this morning. Went from the 50 in town to 46 when I got home at 7:30 this morning. Right it is very cool with a temp of 55 degrees right know.

First frost then tonight possibly?

First frost then tonight possibly?

I am thinking that is a real possibility especially since it looks like conditions will be just about perfect for most of the mountain areas. I think at least patchy frost is not out of the question and the higher elevation you are the better chance to see that. Also temp has dropped to 49 right know.

Archived