EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
October 2013 obs

GaWx

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fascinating that we have had a rather mild air mass over us for quite a while now with no fresh strong cool air source, yet for central NC and VA, lows still attain to the low 50's most nights.  RDU still got down to 51 this morning, although we are in a rather warm regime.  It is interesting that even in such a mild to warm air mass, overnight lows will still get down to near 50 because of the lengthening nights.  Even with this mild air mass, we are almost at the point where lows will inevitably at least be in the 40s.

It is fascinating that we have had a rather mild air mass over us for quite a while now with no fresh strong cool air source, yet for central NC and VA, lows still attain to the low 50's most nights.  RDU still got down to 51 this morning, although we are in a rather warm regime.  It is interesting that even in such a mild to warm air mass, overnight lows will still get down to near 50 because of the lengthening nights.  Even with this mild air mass, we are almost at the point where lows will inevitably at least be in the 40s.

Longer nights but also the air is dryer (lower dew points). Highs this week will run in the low to mid 80s but will fall into the upper 50s to near 60 at night. That's another thing I like about this time of the year; it can still get warm during the day but the nights will cool to comfortable levels.

My birthday is on Friday and this could be the warmest birthday I ever remember. Unbelievable heat for October. I don't think it was this warm in July. Could Atlanta hit 90 on Friday? Forecast is 84 so it could be close if it ends up warmer than expected.

I believe the last time it was warm as it's expected to be later this week was in 2010 iirc.

I have yet to record a temperature IMBY in the 40s this fall.  Last year, my first 40s reading was on 9/23, and the following day the temp bottomed out at 42.8 F.  But, a lot of good that did me for winter, so I'm not too worried about the prolonged warmer period currently.  Outside temperatures have been just about as perfect as they can be for the last few weeks.  I believe I've had the A/C off for over three weeks straight now.  $$$$

PGV got to 90 today, overall I have to say this type of weather this time of year is about the worst thing weather wise to me. To top it off deer season starts in a week and this is far from ideal hunting weather, I am sure the muzzleloaders and bow guys are pissed. Hopefully this next cool down Tuesday is stronger than it looks to be currently, I sure could use some lows around 40-45 and highs in the 60's headed into next weekend.....doesnt look like I am gonna get them though.

Lol ok ^.

Sunny and 88 with a dewpoint of 79 and heat index of 103. Sounds like July all over again.

The rain did nothing lol but made it worse.

0.17 so far today. Got some decent gusts up to tropical storm force from that storm 20 minutes ago.

. We get it, it's hot, never snows , and humid!!! 364 days a year. I heard the other day ,that by 2050, GSP area would have the same climate as Houston TX does now. I guess the equator will be over Waycross by then!? The way you talk, it's like it's already there! Breezy currently, awaiting this awesome fropa tomorrow !

Lol ok ^.

Sunny and 88 with a dewpoint of 79 and heat index of 103. Sounds like July all over again.

The rain did nothing lol but made it worse.

0.17 so far today. Got some decent gusts up to tropical storm force from that storm 20 minutes ago.

lol  To make your obs reports more interesting, why don't you add the precip probability for Al-Kufrah, Libya.

. Yes! Quit using BFW for your obs

BFW???

I guess in 2050 you won't see anymore snow in your area if you believe that lol. Maybe our humidity decreases near the equator to a level less than S GA.

lol To make your obs reports more interesting, why don't you add the precip probability for Al-Kufrah, Libya.

Lol wow.

Well, it's been raining, but to show how hard a rain, there was a fire works display going on during the heaviest precip, lol.  I can't imagine why they are spending thousands on fireworks in early Oct., but weird stuff happens in the cursed lands...just not enough rain to stop the fire works.  I may have a bit over a tenth in the jar, but it's not worth going to check.  So much for K'reen, and the front,  They'll have to do a little better than this with the next batch, if there is a next batch.

They are filming MockingJay down the road, and over across from the Experiment Station.  They put out a casting call for skinny, pale people who look like they've been in a war.  I'd like to be in it, but they've got to ask for well fed people who look like they been slack for a while, lol. T

Archived