e46ds1x
October Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank goodness.

learning GIS?

No, I've been using it for 6 years.  but we just transferred to 10.1 and the training database lets you merge out regions that are supposed to be locked, so i ended up with polygons with like 6 different attributes and everything went nutz.

No, I've been using it for 6 years.  but we just transferred to 10.1 and the training database lets you merge out regions that are supposed to be locked, so i ended up with polygons with like 6 different attributes and everything went nutz.

And our Esri guy is furloughed, so he'll have plenty to work on when he gets back

Someone in the intro GIS class the other day messed up our "control" database, when they loaded the primary file into ArcMap instead of loading it onto their own local drive, then ArcMap. That was a pain to get fixed. That's the one thing I wish ArcCatalog had. One big "Undo" button.

mg- My prof who just upgraded last week said the same thing. Next semester's Intro to GIS class is supposed to use 10.2 but that's been put on hold for now.

Someone in the intro GIS class the other day messed up our "control" database, when they loaded the primary file into ArcMap instead of loading it onto their own local drive, then ArcMap. That was a pain to get fixed. That's the one thing I wish ArcCatalog had. One big "Undo" button.

mg- My prof who just upgraded last week said the same thing. Next semester's Intro to GIS class is supposed to use 10.2 but that's been put on hold for now.

In all the years I have used GIS, the even numbered releases always seem to have the most problems. 9.2 was horrible, then 9.3 fixed everything. 10.0 had issues, then 10.1 came out and things seem to be good.

So yeah, I don't ever upgrade when it's even numbered haha

Couldn't have been brass.  Way too soft a metal to hold a cutting edge. 

Yeah, that's what I figured. 

Let's hear more about the drill bit. 

No drilling today.  Today, on Day 7 of not being able to go to work, I replaced my bathroom fan.  That eventually worked, but had to pummel the old one to get it out and damaged the ceiling drywall.  So, now I need to patch it a bit.  Something for Day 8 or Day 9. 

Archived