• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Late July Pattern Change - Wx Discussion

CT Rain

Cool-shmool, Scott. It's all about the dews. :)

That said, I'm going to cut the Rev some slack. In spite of his over-hyping many things, he did get the early stretch of high dews correctly. As far as the non-stop HH he was calling for, at least he went down swinging.

58.4/53

Sometimes wishcasts do come true.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he'll be back. i think he's in FL this week or next anyway.

when there's a CAT 1 sitting in the bahamas and heading toward us...he'll be back in all his glory posting about the event of our lives.

At the very least, he will be back by Halloween or T-day. There's zero chance he stays away in the winter...its too exciting here in the winter not to post.

68/51 right now and it feels amazing...hoping for dews in the 40s this afternoon if its already 51F at the ASOS.

Now that's a bluebird kind of day.  Front took it's merry time getting thru here.  Was about 2am when it did.  Dews have been dropping steadily since than from 68F down to 57F.  These are the days I love this time of year.  Mid/upper 70s and dews in the 50s.

Look at that airmass on the GFS for Sunday.

H8 temps to 4C at k40b.  With clear and calm, my cold-pocket site could get below 40 if that verified.  (8 of 15 Augusts here have recorded sub-40 temps, so it's not too unusual, though only two of 16 total sub-40 days have come before 8/18.)

Nice OH Valley runner/redeveloper for Tuesday...advisory or low end warning?

H8 temps to 4C at k40b.  With clear and calm, my cold-pocket site could get below 40 if that verified.  (8 of 15 Augusts here have recorded sub-40 temps, so it's not too unusual, though only two of 16 total sub-40 days have come before 8/18.)

This whole run is a win.

:snorkle:

Wasn't it like 2 storms by Aug 21st or something like that?

I think he was saying the likelyhood of 2 substantial storms (like Cat II or higher) possibly between 8/19-9/21 or something like that. But there was room for a Bastardi twist to it. It's not uncommon for a Hurricane to pass SE of the BM or have a TS directly or indirectly impact SNE. I'm honestly unsure what he meant by those tweets....sort of surprising for a met to say that.

I think he was saying the likelyhood of 2 substantial storms (like Cat II or higher) possibly between 8/19-9/21 or something like that. But there was room for a Bastardi twist to it. It's not uncommon for a Hurricane to pass SE of the BM or have a TS directly or indirectly impact SNE. I'm honestly unsure what he meant by those tweets....sort of surprising for a met to say that.

he wrote an article and it was on the NECN website. 

he's really in to this idea that climo, history and essentially forecaster intuition trumps models 

Archived