• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late July Pattern Change - Wx Discussion

CT Rain

Meteorologically speaking, summer is 2/3rds over but it is still summer.  I think folks that are not hot & humid weather fans are just celebrating the fact that we've past the climatological peak of summer and we are starting to heard toward our favorite season, winter.  With no high heat in the forecast, it's kind of even better.  It's kind of like folks that like hot & humid weather celebrated early heat in May when it wasn't even summer.

Technically speaking, February is kind of like August.  Once you get past the first couple weeks you've really past the core of the season and it gets really hard to have really high heat or cold. 

This morning I've heard two people say that they can't believe it's August and that September will be here before we know it.  I think even non-weather people know that we're on the downhill.

It's the middle of summer. You can't just end summer because you don't like it. plenty of warmth left. No need to end a season halfway thru

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the middle of summer. You can't just end summer because you don't like it. plenty of warmth left. No need to end a season halfway thru

Wait you told me summer ends labor day???? that leaves 1/3 left in the period. I think there is plenty of summer left with Sept often being the best summer month, shorts t shirts, big surf, good fishing and no tourists. 

Archived