EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Late July Pattern Change - Wx Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prob Aug '87...that was a sick radiational cooling month. ORH didn't have much of a month there but anywhere that gets rad cooling did.

I remember that August. I was in High School at the time, and we were close to frost where I was in Acton on a couple of mornings. 

That looks just like the Tolland fakenado!

No in that one you can see the wind switches direction from the cyclonic flow of the TOR...as opposed to Tolland, where the wind was going in one direction only based on the findings by NWS officials of straight line wind damage.

The debris in the air does remind me of it yes

Very similar.

No in that one you can see the wind switches direction from the cyclonic flow of the TOR...as opposed to Tolland, where the wind was going in one direction only based on the findings by NWS officials of straight line wind damage.

lol

The only thing more boring and tedious than the warm July we had is the ongoing argument as to whether the warmth and humidity was really that bad.  Oy.

What can be universally agreed upon is that the naming of this thread "Late July Patter Change"  is among the most aptly titled threads in board history.

Summer's dead, folks.  Any return to warmth will be transient.  And, each day it's delayed the climatological norm will be lowered, so we'll need increasingly significant departures for things to be hot.

69.5/61

The only thing more boring and tedious than the warm July we had is the ongoing argument as to whether the warmth and humidity was really that bad.  Oy.

What can be universally agreed upon is that the naming of this thread "Late July Patter Change"  is among the most aptly titled threads in board history.

Summer's dead, folks.  Any return to warmth will be transient.  And, each day it's delayed the climatological norm will be lowered, so we'll need increasingly significant departures for things to be hot.

69.5/61

Top 3 worst post  in board history. July 31st and summer is dead. :lmao:

Yeah your 7 day with highs in the 80's everyday just screams summer is over.

No more swimming, no more shorts...leaves changing now, beaches closed

Well - an AOB normal pattern. No one is saying it will get cold or it will snow - but there's no big heat on the horizon. 

I'm hoping we get a bit of heat for 8/10-8/17 on the Cape - but average is fine with me.

Well - an AOB normal pattern. No one is saying it will get cold or it will snow - but there's no big heat on the horizon. 

I'm hoping we get a bit of heat for 8/10-8/17 on the Cape - but average is fine with me.

Some of these posters are just bewildering..It's July 31st and they are acting like it's going to be cool with no enjoyable warm sunny wx. These posts about less daylight, and the sun isn't warm anymore now that it's August are odd. We are actually right in the middle of summer lol.. To say summer is dead is borderline delusional

Some of these posters are just bewildering..It's July 31st and they are acting like it's going to be cool with no enjoyable warm sunny wx. These posts about less daylight, and the sun isn't warm anymore now that it's August are odd. We are actually right in the middle of summer lol.. To say summer is dead is borderline delusional

About as bad as March isn't a winter month anymore.

Top 3 worst post  in board history. July 31st and summer is dead. :lmao:

Well, it's not showing signs of life for the next two weeks.  At that point, we're halfway to September.  Will we still get seasonableweather?  Sure.  But where are the signs of heat and humidity?  I sure don't see them.  Climatologically it will is becoming increasingly difficuilt to bring heat and humidity; moreover anything that does take place after the current cooler regime lets up will be transitory.

We've lost 51 minutes of daylight since the solstice. We'll lose another 1:10 between now and the end of the month.   Nice to see the accelerating loss of daylight, losing 2:08 tomorrow.

tick

tock

tick

tock

tick

64.9/61

Well, it's not showing signs of life for the next two weeks.  At that point, we're halfway to September.  Will we still get seasonableweather?  Sure.  But where are the signs of heat and humidity?  I sure don't see them.  Climatologically it will is becoming increasingly difficuilt to bring heat and humidity; moreover anything that does take place after the current cooler regime lets up will be transitory.

We've lost 51 minutes of daylight since the solstice. We'll lose another 1:10 between now and the end of the month.   Nice to see the accelerating loss of daylight, losing 2:08 tomorrow.

tick

tock

tick

tock

tick

64.9/61

LOL. MPM, you're starting to sound like your departed brother from the other corner of God's country.

I read "summer is dead" as no more heat waves...not that it is going to start being 45F and raining with no nice weather.

Sunshine and 70s is just about perfect and that's how it looks. Lots of days in the 70s in NNE and higher terrain of SNE. And losing daylight is a fact...it's the same thing in February, over a month past the solstice, when you start noticing the slightly longer days and the sun melting snow from pavement even though the temp is 25F.

Just because someone says if looks below normal, doesn't mean beaches closed, long-underwear, and winter parkas. It just means there probably wont be heat waves and dews to 70F...there is a middle ground, it can just be pleasant at 75F and sunny.

I read "summer is dead" as no more heat waves...not that it is going to start being 45F and raining with no nice weather.

Sunshine and 70s is just about perfect and that's how it looks. Lots of days in the 70s in NNE and higher terrain of SNE. And losing daylight is a fact...it's the same thing in February, over a month past the solstice, when you start noticing the slightly longer days and the sun melting snow from pavement even though the temp is 25F.

Just because someone says if looks below normal, doesn't mean beaches closed, long-underwear, and winter parkas. It just means there probably wont be heat waves and dews to 70F...there is a middle ground, it can just be pleasant at 75F and sunny.

Thanks, Scott.  I think the second/third sentences states my though rather plainly:  "Will we still get seasonable weather?  Sure." 

I don't think there's any ambiguity there.

Meteorologically speaking, summer is 2/3rds over but it is still summer.  I think folks that are not hot & humid weather fans are just celebrating the fact that we've past the climatological peak of summer and we are starting to heard toward our favorite season, winter.  With no high heat in the forecast, it's kind of even better.  It's kind of like folks that like hot & humid weather celebrated early heat in May when it wasn't even summer.

I guess on Jan 31st winter will be dead..seasons get shorter and shorter now

Technically speaking, February is kind of like August.  Once you get past the first couple weeks you've really past the core of the season and it gets really hard to have really high heat or cold. 

This morning I've heard two people say that they can't believe it's August and that September will be here before we know it.  I think even non-weather people know that we're on the downhill.

Archived