northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWA's extended until 6pm today.  Sweet!  Additional inch possible...

I was wondering if they were going to extend it, since Mt. Holly has had a WWA for the east side of the Chesapeake Bay going until 6pm.   

Flakes intensifying, visibility decreasing, yet not accumulating.  The beauty of snow, without the backbreaking work.  YAY!

Returns breaking down in NoVA. Sun popping out and melting rapidly. Picture taking time has expired here. Nice event. Ended up with 2.6 much earlier. Lost about 50% already. 12.6 for the season. Nice event for 3/25. Now time to relax and watch Tiger try to hold on to the lead on the back 9. Golf Channel.

...FAIRFAX COUNTY...

1 NNE FAIRFAX STATIO 5.5 800 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 ESE DUNN LORING 4.5 945 AM 3/25 PUBLIC

2 SSE MCLEAN 4.0 720 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

3 SE CHANTILLY 3.8 720 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

VIENNA 3.8 830 AM 3/25 PUBLIC

1 W VIENNA 3.7 930 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

2 SSW RESTON 3.5 700 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

RESTON 3.3 950 AM 3/25 PUBLIC

2 NNW LORTON 3.2 815 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

2 S LINCOLNIA 3.0 815 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 SE THE I66 AND I49 3.0 624 AM 3/25 NWS EMPLOYEE

3 N VIENNA 3.0 800 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

1 ESE BURKE 2.9 630 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

2 S MCLEAN 2.8 700 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

ROSE HILL 2.5 630 AM 3/25 BROADCAST MEDIA

CENTREVILLE 2.5 630 AM 3/25 BROADCAST MEDIA

GREAT FALLS 2.1 730 AM 3/25 NWS EMPLOYEE

2 SE MCLEAN 2.0 700 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

BURKE 2.0 800 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

1 NNE HYBLA VALLEY 2.0 845 AM 3/25 TRAINED SPOTTER

1 NE LORTON 1.6 545 AM 3/25 COCORAHS

Evidently I made my case that I was a reliable "public" observer. ;)  I wonder how they choose the geographic identifiers at LWX.  I gave them my lat/lon and suggested two, and they didn't go with either. 

Returns breaking down in NoVA. Sun popping out and melting rapidly. Picture taking time has expired here. Nice event. Ended up with 2.6 much earlier. Lost about 50% already. 12.6 for the season. Nice event for 3/25. Now time to relax and watch Tiger try to hold on to the lead on the back 9. Golf Channel.

wtf?

it's snowing in Harrisonburg, VA again

you're getting more snow

Evidently I made my case that I was a reliable "public" observer. ;)  I wonder how they choose the geographic identifiers at LWX.  I gave them my lat/lon and suggested two, and they didn't go with either. 

These numbers would be a lot more useful if NWS had consistent timing on the reports...Prob not easy with the scatter shot approach to gathering obs from a variety of sources.

That Rose Hill one is what i gave to Howard Bernstein on FB.  They must look at all media

been all rain here for at least an hour. this is like mar 6 if it snowed first. almost everything is gone downtown.

This is way better than March 6 up here. I know that in the end , it's all about accumulations. However, I will say that this storm has had a good chunk of precip falling as snow in many places---certainly a win for the end of March.

MDstorm

Archived