Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RNK's reasoning behind the WSW..

WITH A STRONGWEDGE HOLDING PLACE ACROSS THE EASTERN 2/3RD OF THE CWA...THISWILL LIKELY BRING ANOTHER WIDESPREAD 3-5 INCHES OF SNOW IN MANYAREAS THAT HAVE ALREADY HAD SUCH SNOWFALL TOTALS EARLIER TODAY.THE ECMWF/GFS/NAM ALL SIMILAR IN BRINGING THIS HEAVY CONVECTIVEBAND OF SNOW UP THE I-81 CORRIDOR AFFECTING BCB/ROA/LYH AND NETOWARD LEXINGTON AND EVEN POTENTIALLY AMHERST/BUCKINGHAM. WITHTHIS IN MIND...AND SUBSEQUENT UPSLOPE SHSN FOR SE WV/NW NC...HAVEISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW ROUGHLY EAST OT I-77ALONG I-81 ROUGHLY FROM FLOYD TO APPOMATTOX

BUT ANY AREA THIS EVENING THAT SEES A CONVECTIVE SNOWSHOWER OR EVEN THUNDER SNOW SHOWER (SEE SWOMCD) COULD PICK UP ACOUPLE OF INCHES IN ONE HOUR.

I don't understand the fretting.  For days now this has been an early AM/rush hour only storm in DC proper.  That still looks on track.

Yeah too bad snow not supposed to start until morning. No credible model showed more than .1" with the first batch. I consider it a separate storm whos performance is independent of the main H5 low.

Archived