joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

307am in Dale City with light to moderate snow at 32 degrees, 29 dewpoint.

Top of car is white, as is the top of my fence and it appears that the grass may be picking up a very thin layer of wet snow.

Radar is improving markedly.

Folks that make decisions concerning public schools might want to monitor this.

This is NO tease.

Rooftops are white. The ground is getting whiter and whiter. This is moderate snow. Some of these snowflakes are nearly three quarters of an inch in diameter! Fence top is white, tops of all of the bushes are white. I can't believe this is March 25th. I can't believe this is springtime. There is preconsolidation on the back porch! With these rates and at these temps it will not be long before the back porch turns white and for that matter, the driveway!!! The roads are wet at the moment but that may change!!

Radar is filling in and backbuilding! Rates are increasing! Is this LATE MARCH or is it January?

This snow should be starting to fall in DCA proper! Someone needs to wake up Ian and Zwyts!

The radar continues to improve, I see yellows starting to develop southwest of Dale City, getting ready to shellack my backyard then DC!

The wind is more northeasterly. The car top and the lawn both have a half inch of snow. The driveway has preconsolidation, the back porch is white. Moderate snow continues. Many larger flakes are mixing in with the general mod snowfall.

Radar filling in more and more, green and darker green evident, area of yellow is expanding. This ULL means business!

Rippled returns off the lower delmarva may indicate development of the coastal

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT TODAY Urgent - Winter Weather MessageNational Weather Service Baltimore Md/Washington DC406 AM EDT Mon Mar 25 2013
Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-Fairfax-Including The Cities Of… Manassas… Manassas Park… Fairfax
… Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Until Noon EDT Today… 
The National Weather Service In Baltimore Md/Washington HasIssued A Winter Weather Advisory For Snow… Which Is In Effect UntilNoon EDT Today.
* Precipitation Type… Snow.
* Accumulations… Around An Inch. 
* Timing… Moderate To Locally Heavy Snow Is Expected Early This Morning. Snow Will Taper Off By This Afternoon.
* Temperatures… Lower 30s Early This Morning. Rising Into The Middle And Upper 30s This Afternoon. 
* Winds… Northeast Around 5 To 10 Mph… Becoming Northwest This Afternoon. 
* Impacts… Roads May Become Snow Covered And Slippery… Especially Across Elevated Surfaces Such As Bridges And Overpasses. 
Precautionary/Preparedness Actions… 
A Winter Weather Advisory For Snow Means That Periods Of SnowWill Cause Primarily Travel Difficulties. Be Prepared For SnowCovered Roads And Limited Visibilities… And Use Caution WhileDriving.

There is only one thing wrong with this forecast.

It forecasts an inch of snow.

We already have an inch of snow, and this yellow band is rippin' more snow.

I see the latest LWX updated forecasts are still saying a couple inches in northern Montgomery Co, but I just don't believe it.  I honestly expect no snowfall at all, and will be shocked to wake up to any.

What a run this area is in - outside of the 2010 fluke, DCA has had 10" or less total snow all other winters from 2007 to 2013 (2011 was the only one that even reached 10").  And with everyone else having big snows but here, watch 2014 be a down year for the whole east coast.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!

MDstorm

Archived