joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.5" in Falls Church. Much more picturesque than Mar 6.

I can't believe how much people were freaking out last night.

some of us were joking.. tho it performed+ here. hit my "boom" potential.

i tried waking you guys up, but I wasnt going to call...maybe I should have....it was sweet for like 45 minutes....next year! (or April 3rd)

I woke up on the second barrage of texts but not the first for some reason. Oh well. Have an event at 9 so of course I can't take photos. ;)

I never expected much more to be honest. Yea, if it was 5 degrees colder maybe but this is at least quite "memorable".

Nice pivot starting to show up. Maybe we get death banded later.

Looking at radar loop we got about the best we could have possibly hoped for unless there's another 2-4 coming and then ill look for a new hobby because I totally suck at this

Quite a scene out there. This storm has performed almost exactly as modeled. About as close as you can get really. I was laughing at all the deb's and cancelers last night when the snow that was never supposed to get here didn't get here and then the hallucinations of despair set in.

...except for the snow accumulation output. The NAM and GFS were way too generous. The EC on the other hand was much more on spot for the DC area and even with the 2-4 swath yesterday in RIC land.

...except for the snow accumulation output. The NAM and GFS were way too generous. The EC on the other hand was much more on spot for the DC area and even with the 2-4 swath yesterday in RIC land.

You guys should share your algorithms because most of the public euro snow maps will be way off still

I don't even look at those to be honest. It's much more accurate to use a little common sense with rates, temps, soundings, etc. Snowmaps are silly. Except for 09-10 of course. 

Models did well with the 6-12z period irt to soundings and precip. That's pretty much the only period I focused on. Maybe somthing nutty happens this afternoon and we get heavy enough rates to keep up with the melt. 

According to the PNS, DCA had recorded only a T as of 6:52am, so the streak remains for DCA at least.

the local mets are reporting we broke the streak of no 1" days so they must have passed that at least.

I never expected much more to be honest. Yea, if it was 5 degrees colder maybe but this is at least quite "memorable".

Nice pivot starting to show up. Maybe we get death banded later. 

I see that trying to get it done but doesn't seem likely.  Is that just your inner  :weenie:  coming out, or is it really possible?  :snowing:

Archived