joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow starting again. Convective-type snow popping up.

FWIW...the 12Z models indicated some mid level near zero to slightly negative theta-e lapse rates btwn 9-15Z, esp over southern MD, indicative of where the best potential elevated would be.

Now I see why south VA is expecting more snow. More energy is getting ready to demolish them as it comes over the mountains.

South VA is the sweet spot this "winter".

We're not

Richmond is in Central VA. Southern VA refers to the counties along the NC border running from Danville to Emporia.

Good luck to you DC area folks. Hope you get a little something this morning. Going with around 3" here from the surprise snow today.

I see the latest LWX updated forecasts are still saying a couple inches in northern Montgomery Co, but I just don't believe it.  I honestly expect no snowfall at all, and will be shocked to wake up to any.

What a run this area is in - outside of the 2010 fluke, DCA has had 10" or less total snow all other winters from 2007 to 2013 (2011 was the only one that even reached 10").  And with everyone else having big snows but here, watch 2014 be a down year for the whole east coast.

I have to agree with that.  Me and DT had a small spat not too long ago about this very thing.

I'd state LYH is south Central and ROA is Southwest-- WSET, ABC affiliate uses Central VA, but their news is more LYH drive, while the other 2 networks are out of Roanoke. 

But, pure geography, CHO wins everytime. 

Archived