amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 25th Storm: Debacle or Climo Defier? Discussion and Obs II

stormtracker

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Kevin Ambrose said there was about 1-1.5" on the Mall this morning so DCA might be legit.

I live 2 miles SSW of DCA as the crow flies and sit at about 35' ASL ... we had 2.2 inches on cartops and wooden surfaces this morning at around 830.  Driving past DCA on the parkway there was noticeably less snow than in my neighborhood.  We tend to do ever so slightly better than DCA in marginal events such as this one (being a mile and a half from the water helps).  I would agree that the DCA measurement is probably legit based on my own observations and (extremely) local climatology.

FWIW, Kevin Ambrose said there was about 1-1.5" on the Mall this morning so DCA might be legit.

what time did he measure?...there was serious melting and compaction after about 7am....

I literally measured 2" standing on a plank over the Potomac.....1mi ENE city of Alexandria which I assume is Old Town measured 2.2"....

I live 2 miles SSW of DCA as the crow flies and sit at about 35' ASL ... we had 2.2 inches on cartops and wooden surfaces this morning at around 830.  Driving past DCA on the parkway there was noticeably less snow than in my neighborhood.  We tend to do ever so slightly better than DCA in marginal events such as this one (being a mile and a half from the water helps).  I would agree that the DCA measurement is probably legit based on my own observations and (extremely) local climatology.

what time did he measure?...there was serious melting and compaction after about 7am....

I literally measured 2" standing on a plank over the Potomac.....1mi ENE city of Alexandria which I assume is Old Town measured 2.2"....

Were you the reported measurement?...when I left for work at 8:15 the snow had turned to partial melty slush....I understand the public isnt going to be up all night, but what excuse does DCA have not to take a max measurment during the 6z to 12z period?

I ended up with a little over 3 inches imby.

Pretty much an an anitbust imho... lwx was gun shy... and who can blame um given the winter's past debacles... but they should be held accountable.... especially since this morning there was snow cover on main roads up here in Balimore.

Total in Clarksburg is 4.1".  3.2" thru mid morning and 0.9" when the big band moved through and dropped temps again.  It accumulated everywhere except on tree branches and asphalt.  

ULL will be interesting this evening.

radar already filling in..it looks like maybe 7pm-10pm might be the window

Pretty much an an anitbust imho... lwx was gun shy... and who can blame um given the winter's past debacles... but they should be held accountable.... especially since this morning there was snow cover on main roads up here in Balimore.

What main roads were you on that were snow covered?

not sure, i'll ask. assuming it was later as his pics look to be after sunrise. someone on twitter told me they measured 1.5" in navy yard.

Archived