joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just like to talk weather and some sports. I hope I add to some of the disco and people can pick up a thing or two.

Yea very funny, you are one of the best on here and always willing to share your opinions so freely. This board is a much better place with you on it.

Euro ensembles are pretty bullish for Mar 18-19...they are a little earlier than the OP run on that storm.

Torch was pretty much a fail here today...42F thus far...we may top out at like 46F or something in the next hour or two, but most of the day was spent below 40F. Very little assault on the main pack.

Gonna need the extra buffer too because Tuesday looks terrible.

What was probably the last winter hike of the season with my son (who is challenging Pete in the long hair dept.)

The depth in the woods ranged from 3"-15".  The stick shows the deepest that we encountered.  Note the bottom, dry part where there was still a good 6" of solid pack remaining from the blizzard.

What was probably the last winter hike of the season with my son (who is challenging Pete in the long hair dept.)

The depth in the woods ranged from 3"-15".  The stick shows the deepest that we encountered.  Note the bottom, dry part where there was still a good 6" of solid pack remaining from the blizzard.

The difference is I can grow hair back..you on the other hand cannot

The depth in the woods ranged from 3"-15". The stick shows the deepest that we encountered. Note the bottom, dry part where there was still a good 6" of solid pack remaining from the blizzard.

nice Darth, in IJD today South Windham hills got smoked

Nothing like a March day with temps in the low-mid 40's,, deep snowpack and snowforts and snowball fights..LL told me to go go go so i went went went..Deep winter

IMG_0714_zps2971b113.jpg

Nice photo, Kev'!  

I just came back from one of buddy's house.  They have a 3-day year old girl;  you blink and they're 10, and blink again, and they're graduating from college, getting married, making you a grandparent - 

I just lost my 94 year old, and last remaining grandmother, in her sleep late last night.   RIP, Mimi   I digging up old albums of music from the 1970s, when everyone was still healthy.

Nice photo, Kev'!  

I just came back from one of buddy's house.  They have a 3-day year old girl;  you blink and they're 10, and blink again, and they're graduating from college, getting married, making you a grandparent - 

I just lost my 94 year old, and last remaining grandmother, in her sleep late last night.   RIP, Mimi   I digging up old albums of music from the 1970s, when everyone was still healthy.

Thanks John.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thoughts and condolences.

Nice photo, Kev'!  

Hopefully a good life John. My sympathies to you and yours.

Winter is not over.

Thanks guys - 

She was as storm refugee from Mobile Alabama, Katrina, 2005.   The home she was living in was irrecoverably damaged. So my parents shipped her up to their place for 4 months while they researched new facilities in the SNE area.  I was in abject state back then, with no job, no career, no money ... pretty much an embarrassment to the most prolific of any Country music writers, so was defaulted to being her primary care giver while my parents were out of town on business ... extensively, during that same time. 

I cannot begin to tell you what that was like.  She would tell me these elaborate and affecting anecdotes about her life, and then immediately upon finishing the story, would start over as though she had zippo recollection of having just told me the story.   And there's nothing you can say.  You just gotta go with it. 

Still, that's not what you reflect on when looking back on things.   Rather, decades of lucidity and experiences.

Archived