• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

Where does the bigger ticket event go on the ECMWF?

Edit...daylight time change, I'm not used to it at 230 instead of 130pm yet, lol

Looks very similar to the 00z run through 144 hours;  that continuity is important for whatever happens there after.  It shows a deep couplet between a negative heights in central-eastern Canada, with big blocking in the N Atlantic - meanwhile, strong Pac S/W is diving toward the MV.

It's a prelude to an important eastern storm set up being the natural leap there

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday wave is a bit colder for SNE now on Euro...still better for CNE/NNe, but it tries to redevelop a secondary reflection along the S coast. Would prob hold in the BL cold a little better. So interior hills could get a shot of snow...esp since it would start in the morning with a good antecedent airmass in place. Might go to light rain later in the afternoon before a frigid cold front comes through Sat night.

:axe:

Epping, NH, soccer tournament FTL.  I have 3 games this weekend.  2 Sat/ 1 Sun.  Guess I'll need to dress in my ski attire.

Looks like its headed in the GL when looking at 180

It may or may not depict that but it's not likely that will happen.  The -NAO is for real and is very westerly based; that strongly correlated to suppressed storm tracks - this is typical of the operational Euro to try and drill lows too far W during -NAO. 

Think of the Boxing Day storm - for a few runs early on it was in the GL with that, too - of course it lost it altogether like the other runs for a run or two, before ultimately realizing the coast. 

Wow, its awfully close to staying all frozen in the interior...it would for CNE/NNE. At this time range, it doesn't matter. But the run really looked like a January storm for the airmass it was fighting.

Agreed!  The important element to take away from this run is that it's consistently flagging that period of time for a big deal.  Seeing the GFS go mightily in that direction less details also lends credence. 

Cisco said this morning in his oft' terse mid/extended range that they were waiting to see if any other models trended that way - well ...  

Looking at the last 3 runs, we saw a huge system with big blue snows for the Appel., with snow over to cold wind swept Nor' easter rains for the I-95 corridor, then the 00z run perfect scenario (never a good sign for a D8 chart), now this fencer job ... 

How much does the Saturday wave give us? Is that like a 2-4?

Yeah...esp north of the pike, but even you would probably get a couple inches. Still could either way on that one, but it did wind up colder this run vs the last couple runs.

Schwoegler snow squalls at the end of the euro.

This run pretty much cancels spring fling for the rest of the month...good grief, that 500 setup would be ripe for another bomb after the equinox probably. The CONUS temps look like January.

tough to tell but I think it's good over here?

You would probably have to deal with some mid-level crap as the low is trying to transfer from a lakes cutter near DTW to a coastal. But I would think its still decent. It does have that classic warm tongue look into OH/NW PA/ W NY before the coastal gets going.

You would probably have to deal with some mid-level crap as the low is trying to transfer from a lakes cutter near DTW to a coastal. But I would think its still decent. It does have that classic warm tongue look into OH/NW PA/ W NY before the coastal gets going.

yeah forky showed me a map that had above 0c 850mb at 186 hours....then it heads back to the east.

Archived