CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the biggest thing to take away from this run is the pattern...the details of any threat that far out are almost totally irrelevant at this point...the general pattern has a fantanstic looking block for us...even a super mega wound up solution still can't quite cut west of us on this run...it gets stuck underneath at the last second on redevelopment. Obviously lesser exotic solutions would be even snowier for a larger area.

The antecedent airmass being shown is very impressive. That's a primo setup for mid March.

Spring fling.

:thumbsdown:

Oh well, still 192 hours for plenty to change. I'm not at all worried, I have no doubts that in 11 hours when we see the next EURO it will have a totally different idea... Someone is going to see snow from this storm, and given that my two locales are in very different climates and setups for snow(often one does very well, and the other is on the fringe), I'd be very suprised if neither Stamford or Lake Placid does well out of this setup.

-skisheep

:thumbsdown:

Oh well, still 192 hours for plenty to change. I'm not at all worried, I have no doubts that in 11 hours when we see the next EURO it will have a totally different idea... Someone is going to see snow from this storm, and given that my two locales are in very different climates and setups for snow(often one does very well, and the other is on the fringe), I'd be very suprised if neither Stamford or Lake Placid does well out of this setup.

-skisheep

But look at the block. My bet is the euro ensembles comes in and shows something much less amped up.

But regardless, how could care less what a model shows this far out..the point is the pattern has big potential..and it doesn't end next week.

But look at the block. My bet is the euro ensembles comes in and shows something much less amped up.

But regardless, how could care less what a model shows this far out..the point is the pattern has big potential..and it doesn't end next week.

Exactly, the potential is there, and someone is going to cash in. Too soon to know who, but someone will be very happy next week(And that someone could certianly be none of us)

-skisheep

White Easter?

With an early Easter in March it is definitely possible.

I can't wait to see how this plays out though... even if we miss out up here, its nice to have winter storms to track this time of year.  Shortens the "boring" period until next winter, lol.

By this point last year we had all given up and knew that the next 7 months would be temperature arguments and failed severe threats.

Archived