Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope places in CT get over 100", Its been there winter might as well finish it that way

Good point--lord knows they typically struggle more than many.  It sure wasn't our winter (you or here).  It would be funny if we did an 11th hour run to make a reasonably good seasonal total.  That said, that would be cold comfort--if its just going to be melting soon.

Good point--lord knows they typically struggle more than many. It sure wasn't our winter (you or here). It would be funny if we did an 11th hour run to make a reasonably good seasonal total. That said, that would be cold comfort--if its just going to be melting soon.

The area from ORH to NE CT over to NW Ri is a very good snow area and many winters gets more snow than you. You are too far NW some winters.

Dont many media outlets do that? If not majority . Euro keeps hills in 20's Thursday and BOX had 40's last night

It depends. MOS is guidance, but when you have anomalous airmasses...sometimes model 2M temps work better. It all depends on things like mixing and what not so you have to dig deeper. I just think people are overall too warm. I didn't look at NWS. The same for these torch airmasses that come in on WSW winds and MOS has 73 for BOS.

It depends. MOS is guidance, but when you have anomalous airmasses...sometimes model 2M temps work better. It all depends on things like mixing and what not so you have to dig deeper. I just think people are overall too warm. I didn't look at NWS. The same for these torch airmasses that come in on WSW winds and MOS has 73 for BOS.

In the spring with the massive adiabatic rates you typically can go over MOS and still not be warm enough. Case in point Saturday. Forecasts had low mid 40's and most places hit 50 or higher. But this AirMass Thursday is balls cold and anyone forecasting off MOS is gonna get severely burned

Have not even given any models much attention since last week

Same. Before last weeks storm was on the radar I told myself all I needed was one more storm. I got it. 12+ nonetheless. I feel myself getting slowly sucked back in, but not with the same ferocity as a couple weeks ago. That said, another snowy event would certainly be welcomed.

Well it's going to snow in ME in the next 7 days.  That's all you need to know.

He's playing the reverse pysch card.....its no secret that we will be cold the next 7-10 days after this front moves through...its a question of where it snows. Unless you like highs below freezing with bare ground, you should root for snow.

2 aspects I'm noticing about this GFS solution:

One,  the heights in the deep SE are compressible...   There is a considerable distance between isopleths, and the balanced geostrophic flow is less than 40 kts for the most part over the Penn. of Florida.  Heights over MIA are at or lower than 582dm.  This is all true prior to the S/W ejecting off the Pacific, through the Rockies, destined to amplify from the MV eastward.   This is important because ...

Two, there is less ridging building back into the west once that eject is complete.  That is a big wild-card.  If the GFS happens to be too flat out west around 144 hours, it will not dig the wave as much as it may need to to be accurate, in the east, when then going beyond 144 hours.  I have been noticing that the Euro has had more ridging out west on every cycle for those time frames in question.  

Having said that, a westerly based NAO does not teleconnect well with an inland position out there in time.  Regardless of model ... any one that does that needs to correct the orientation of the -NAO, such that it's influence on the circulation over middle latitudes of N/A would allow for that.    As is, not likely to happen... 

Frankly, the best run that fits with all that was that Euro run from a couple clicks back that looked ideal - unfortunately, because that means pain and anguish waiting for either its return, or the circulation to break down and just be wrong.   Also, take a look at the 06z NOGAPS -

Why were folks saying the GFS was snowy with the 700 mb low over Lake Ontario?

Its basically a SWFE on the GFS...its like mid-winter. Its cold enough to get a cold snowy SWFE on that setup. Who knows if it will actually play out like that, but that is what it showed.

Same. Before last weeks storm was on the radar I told myself all I needed was one more storm. I got it. 12+ nonetheless. I feel myself getting slowly sucked back in, but not with the same ferocity as a couple weeks ago. That said, another snowy event would certainly be welcomed.

It is what it is, Obviously mother nature does what she wants like it or not

Archived