• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

Beautiful day out there and even though it's only 38F, the pack is quickly shrinking.   The next cool-down is already looking less and less impressive as we get closer, too.   Increased solar input and bare ground won't help.   

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you've seen my area and its not too sunny though now the front yard gets quite a bit

You're also lucky in that (if I recall correctly) your neighborhood is on the north slope of a hill which helps.  My neighborhood is on a south facing slope which doesn't help.  That being said, my lot holds snow longer that anyone else's place in the neighborhood due to its orientation.  I also put all the snow from my driveway in my side yard so right now it's like a little glacier.  That snow will last into April, I'm sure of it!

You're also lucky in that (if I recall correctly) your neighborhood is on the north slope of a hill which helps.  My neighborhood is on a south facing slope which doesn't help.  That being said, my lot holds snow longer that anyone else's place in the neighborhood due to its orientation.  I also put all the snow from my driveway in my side yard so right now it's like a little glacier.  That snow will last into April, I'm sure of it!

Yeah it does..but in March a decent chuck of the front yard gets blasted by sun in the afternoon as it sort of faces sw..but it's angled NW . 

Didn't Tip say today would be Warmer? Like near 70?

Never said that, dude - 

I will admit that there's more fight to this inversion today, then yesterday, but I never said it would 70 - that's absurd, and also an out and out fabrication on your part.  

Nice extended Euro, though.  

Morch meh today.  44F for a high.  Lot's of melting though between yesterday and today.  This pack is toast by Wed/Thur.  What a great year in the end this turned out to be.  I give it a B now after the Feb/Early Mar turnaround.  Ready to turn the page to Spring.  Soccer is in full force now and we need to get outdoors.  I have an outdoor tournament in Eppig, NH next weekend (will likely be cold) and regular outdoor season starts last weekend in March(Easter).

Morch meh today.  44F for a high.  Lot's of melting though between yesterday and today.  This pack is toast by Wed/Thur.  What a great year in the end this turned out to be.  I give it a B now after the Feb/Early Mar turnaround.  Ready to turn the page to Spring.  Soccer is in full force now and we need to get outdoors.  I have an outdoor tournament in Eppig, NH next weekend (will likely be cold) and regular outdoor season starts last weekend in March(Easter).

Yeah I can go with a B too. Just a bitter beginning, but epic turnaround.

Morch meh today. 44F for a high. Lot's of melting though between yesterday and today. This pack is toast by Wed/Thur. What a great year in the end this turned out to be. I give it a B now after the Feb/Early Mar turnaround. Ready to turn the page to Spring. Soccer is in full force now and we need to get outdoors. I have an outdoor tournament in Eppig, NH next weekend (will likely be cold) and regular outdoor season starts last weekend in March(Easter).

I'm sure you know this.....but far from over :)

I'm sure you know this.....but far from over :)

Oh I know, I hope it delivers though.  The pattern 7+ looks sweet.  I'll gladly take another storm like we just got but I'll be a miserable prick if it's a cold 35-36 rain.  That is just not fun when you're trying to deal with outdoor activities this time of year.

Archived