joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's March man.lol. This is the month where attention should be turned to just enjoying what falls.

Exactly. I find it alot less emotional to loose snow nowadays, especially heading into 10 Mar and beyond. Snowpack is on borrowed time at this point. Even the best spots in New England for snow start loosing it by now. When I was spending all my time in NH, this was usually the weekend that you started to be able to count on going down to West Lebanon in the CT Valley and seeing bare ground and snowpack only in the shade, etc. Even in "snowy" NNE, its a loosing battle outside of the extreme elevations (or K1P1 if they have actually had a decent snow winter, lol) at this point.

Enjoy the massive pack for this time of year, its not gonna be totally gone as soon as some are implying and whatever is there is just gravy. Id gladly root for more snow, and I still think we might have another one in us even on the CP but I also like the 50+ days running around in a T shirt w/snow everywhere.

Mid winter is the time to get pissed about cracking 32, now, why care? At least its not pouring rain!

I actually kind of like to "melt into spring" not just watch the grass turn from brown to green. Its kind of nice. This brings back memories of 2 of my favorite Marches: Mar 2001 and Mar 2005.

You have had a great winter - November to Morch 5 months and counting

A+ no doubt. Snows from early Nov unti March. 5 months of winter and near constant snowpack. Like the old days. I think with the melt the last few days though we can see why early snow is better than late season snows from a pack and recreation perspective Any snow is good snow but man what a long deep winter around here up to your area

A+ no doubt. Snows from early Nov unti March. 5 months of winter and near constant snowpack. Like the old days. I think with the melt the last few days though we can see why early snow is better than late season snows from a pack and recreation perspective Any snow is good snow but man what a long deep winter around here up to your area

5 months of snowpack? November and December weren't good snowpack months.

Somehow please find a way to get me 3.3 inches. Please

I'm fairly confident that you are going to see 100" before all's said and done, I find it hard to believe that the elevated interior is done considering the pattern that's setting up for the medium/long range. Not sure how you get it yet, but I would put the odds that you see 100" fairly high, I don't think that NYC metro is done yet either, so if we aren't done, you have a very good chance...

-skisheep

5 months of snowpack? November and December weren't good snowpack months.

Yeah he went nearly 3 weeks in December with no snow pack....and brief moments after the January torch and a few days in early February...or at leats patchy at that point.

This was not '70-'71 or even '00-'01....'02-'03 was a lot better for snow pack too. I'm not sure why he thinks he will have bare grass by Tuesday night, lol....this reminds me of when he was convinced 30" would become 6" in that February 2011 torch.

Yeah he went nearly 3 weeks in December with no snow pack....and brief moments after the January torch and a few days in early February...or at leats patchy at that point.

This was not '70-'71 or even '00-'01....'02-'03 was a lot better for snow pack too. I'm not sure why he thinks he will have bare grass by Tuesday night, lol....this reminds me of when he was convinced 30" would become 6" in that February 2011 torch.

Yeah you guys will have snow away from the sun torched areas I have to imagine...especially your area. That's quite the pack.

Man it's like a drug...I just want one more storm..lol.

This torch on Monday night and Tuesday sucks...if we didn't have it, I'd have a legit sot to match the epic March 2001 snow pack if we could getanother event in here. Today hasn't done anything to the snow yet. The top actually still hasa hard layer, lol. Though it will soften up finally when the inversion breaks. Still hasn't hit 40F at 1pm with nearly calm wind and low dews.

Gonna get pretty mangled though...esp on Tuesday.

There's some great analogs for the upcoming pattern...1958, 1977, 2001, 1962, etc...funny how actually a lot of the dates are similar to the analogs for the pattern we just had with the storm.....this one looks to have more cold air aorund though.

The only ugly analog that keeps showing up too though is 2006..we squandered that great March pattern for the most part, though there was a moderate event south of the pike on 3/2/06.

What warmth? Yesterday struggled to 40ish....today at peak heating its still under 40 despite sun. Inversion ftw. Snow isn't melting as easily as I expected with deep pack on the shady side of very street. I waited until yesterday later afternoon to shovel and still plenty of backbreaking snow. Sometimes this time of year I refuse to shovel...lol.

There needs to be an anti-weenie of the year not open to staff and red taggers, IMHO.

Based on the Dr. Seuss NAM, Donald Sutherland would win my vote over 2 people from this sub-forum.

The best non-tag of the year should get an honorary colored tag for life so everyone knows this guy knows of what he speaks.

This torch on Monday night and Tuesday sucks...if we didn't have it, I'd have a legit sot to match the epic March 2001 snow pack if we could getanother event in here. Today hasn't done anything to the snow yet. The top actually still hasa hard layer, lol. Though it will soften up finally when the inversion breaks. Still hasn't hit 40F at 1pm with nearly calm wind and low dews.

Gonna get pretty mangled though...esp on Tuesday.

There's some great analogs for the upcoming pattern...1958, 1977, 2001, 1962, etc...funny how actually a lot of the dates are similar to the analogs for the pattern we just had with the storm.....this one looks to have more cold air aorund though.

The only ugly analog that keeps showing up too though is 2006..we squandered that great March pattern for the most part, though there was a moderate event south of the pike on 3/2/06.

In some areas..way south of the pike..lol. We talked about this before. A coating at my house and like 3" 5 miles to my south.

You and I will both have grass showing after 55-60 dews wind and an inch of rain Tursday. It blows

You and I will both have grass showing after 55-60 dews wind and an inch of rain Tursday. It blows

I doubt it. Esp here. I had like a 9-10" glacier before this storm even happened. I'm talking up on the hill and not downtown where suntorched areas have no chance.

Well you've seen my area and its not too sunny though now the front yard gets quite a bit

Your pack is going to get mangled pretty good, but you aren't lose it all. You'll prob have a 4-7" glacier once it refreezes Wednesday morning.

There needs to be an anti-weenie of the year not open to staff and red taggers, IMHO.

Based on the Dr. Seuss NAM, Donald Sutherland would win my vote over 2 people from this sub-forum.

The best non-tag of the year should get an honorary colored tag for life so everyone knows this guy knows of what he speaks.

Mainly a bump, but obviously a what "he or she speaks" is less chauvinistic...

Archived