joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you too? LOL thats three Mainers that said the exact same thing today. Man the Euro Ens are sending a cold signal for an Ens run post day 4.

Maybe I can sneak out while the fairways are still frozen and before they turn into mud.

I mean this is to be expected, since we were spoiled last season. Sweating it out in shorts and a t-shirt in mid March. We want to get partial memberships at the local course this year, so fully expecting an April snow bomb to shut play down for a couple weeks too while we're at it.

Maybe I can sneak out while the fairways are still frozen and before they turn into mud.

I mean this is to be expected, since we were spoiled last season. Sweating it out in shorts and a t-shirt in mid March. We want to get partial memberships at the local course this year, so fully expecting an April snow bomb to shut play down for a couple weeks too while we're at it.

its definetly not last year

Is the snow threrat next weekend legit? It looks like the clipper passes south of us..and threatens DC..but we know how that tends to work..Seems like it's a pretty real miller b threat next weekend

There might not be enough for room for it to amplify...but in late season events, you always have to watch out as they can do it on fairly short notice...right now, the modeled vortex over SE Canada is a little too suppressive. Reminds me of Mar 2006.

I gotta say..today was a brutal torch..Congrats Tip on that call..even though you called for it on Sunday..i mean it hit 51 here..totally shocked me. I thought the snowcover would help keep things cooler in the low 40's. In the sun it must have been 70 as folks were laying out tanning on tops of snowbanks

At least the low dews and light wind kept it less disastrous than it would have been. We had a dewpiint of liek 15F with no wind all afternoon.

I gotta say..today was a brutal torch..Congrats Tip on that call..even though you called for it on Sunday..i mean it hit 51 here..totally shocked me. I thought the snowcover would help keep things cooler in the low 40's. In the sun it must have been 70 as folks were laying out tanning on tops of snowbanks

Watch how fast it drops at sundown tonight, dews are very low and no wind. You guys will radiate like a mofo then heat up tomorrow

There might not be enough for room for it to amplify...but in late season events, you always have to watch out as they can do it on fairly short notice...right now, the modeled vortex over SE Canada is a little too suppressive. Reminds me of Mar 2006.

lOl did you see my post, south of pike special 3/1/06

At least the low dews and light wind kept it less disastrous than it would have been. We had a dewpiint of liek 15F with no wind all afternoon.

In the shady spots the pines and evergreens and even some deciduous trees still have some snow on them..so you know this was just a sun torch. i bet it's the same up there too. 

If we had no snowcover today BDL would have probably hit 68-70 lol.. Super adiabatic environment.  Still surprising to me though.

Monday night and Tuesday are gonna do a # on our pack..We could lose like a foot lol

In the shady spots the pines and evergreens and even some deciduous trees still have some snow on them..so you know this was just a sun torch. i bet it's the same up there too. 

If we had no snowcover today BDL would have probably hit 68-70 lol.. Super adiabatic environment.  Still surprising to me though.

Monday night and Tuesday are gonna do a # on our pack..We could lose like a foot lol

Check out the pics in Ginx's thread...I took those at like 2pm...notice how the pavement has like no water on it from melting. I think there was more sublimation than melting today...though the south facing roofs and slops with dirty snow are the places that took a beating. Around the residential neighborhood, it really wasn't that much of an onslaught. We melted 100x quicker in January when we had that 40/40 fog.

Check out the pics in Ginx's thread...I took those at like 2pm...notice how the pavement has like no water on it from melting. I think there was more sublimation than melting today...though the south facing roofs and slops with dirty snow are the places that took a beating. Around the residential neighborhood, it really wasn't that much of an onslaught. We melted 100x quicker in January when we had that 40/40 fog.

Yeah I was out all over town this afternoon and the Green area bathed in full sunlight was taking a beating..but as soon as you get back into the hoods with trees and houses..just massive banks and massive snow. Plus the freeze/thaw cycle will help it even more against the onslaught the next 3 days..Wish we could FF to Wednesday

Yeah I was out all over town this afternoon and the Green area bathed in full sunlight was taking a beating..but as soon as you get back into the hoods with trees and houses..just massive banks and massive snow. Plus the freeze/thaw cycle will help it even more against the onslaught the next 3 days..Wish we could FF to Wednesday

It will get attacked and torched the next 3 days...but once down to about 10-12 inches its going to have a hard time getting dented further.

Archived