joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just was watching/listening to Joe Cioffi's update. He sees not much on the short/immediate horizon for snowfall. Maybe a snow shower Sunday night/Monday AM.  But that is it.  Everything else is OTS or very weak.  

One long range thing he mentioned (talking 26-27th) is a lake cutter, that would bring lots of windswept rains.  :(

This was emailed to me from Larry Cosgrove last Saturday the 9th-

"The path idea that I am currently following calls for the low pressure center to make a jump to offshore of the Delmarva Peninsula on the morning of January 18, then intensify passing over Nantucket MA toward an eventual destination near Halifax NS on January 19. I cannot say for sure that the snowfall prediction of the Canadian model will verify. But I am inclined to think that the advance of cA values will be strong enough to offset warmer than normal oceanic temperatures, and that accumulations of snow may make it over or at least near to the Interstate 95 cities at and above Washington DC."

This was emailed to me from Larry Cosgrove last Saturday the 9th-

"The path idea that I am currently following calls for the low pressure center to make a jump to offshore of the Delmarva Peninsula on the morning of January 18, then intensify passing over Nantucket MA toward an eventual destination near Halifax NS on January 19. I cannot say for sure that the snowfall prediction of the Canadian model will verify. But I am inclined to think that the advance of cA values will be strong enough to offset warmer than normal oceanic temperatures, and that accumulations of snow may make it over or at least near to the Interstate 95 cities at and above Washington DC."

Well that looks like a bust.

JB is not backing down. He still thinks a big ssw event is on the way,

I get their forecasts for free.

JB is the captain of the Titanic, yet again. Casey Jones on the runaway train, yet again. His call for a normal December in the northeast was a colossal bust and January up until this point is also busting in the northeast so far and looks to really go south starting next weekend. It's almost February and he's refusing to even aknowledge that his northeast forecast has been horrible up to today and he keeps blindly calling for super cold and snow that never comes to fruition, which is the norm for him when his forecast is in serious trouble. He will keep this up until mid February when he really embarasses himself again like he did in 11-12 (as just one example) and has no other choice. Tweets don't lie and neither do videos. JB was calling for cold and snow back in November too that busted big time. Remember his tweets in early November calling for Arctic cold and snow arriving in the east for thanksgiving week? BUST!!!

JB is the captain of the Titanic, yet again. Casey Jones on the runaway train, yet again. His call for a normal December in the northeast was a colossal bust and January up until this point is also busting in the northeast so far and looks to really go south starting next weekend. It's almost February and he's refusing to even aknowledge that his northeast forecast has been horrible up to today and he keeps blindly calling for super cold and snow that never comes to fruition, which is the norm for him when his forecast is in serious trouble. He will keep this up until mid February when he really embarasses himself again like he did in 11-12 (as just one example) and has no other choice. Tweets don't lie and neither do videos. JB was calling for cold and snow back in November too that busted big time. Remember his tweets in early November calling for Arctic cold and snow arriving in the east for thanksgiving week? BUST!!!

The guy is a climate denier who was flat out told by a real scientist ( JB only has a BS ) that he didn't know enough physics to even understand CO2. Anyone else would have stopped embarrassing themselves by now but I guess the roids have gotten to him over the years.

Joe Cioffi is signaling that he is thinking the cold February forecasts are likely to not verify . . . Speaking of another pattern change, to one more reminiscent of this past December. There was a poster in another thread who spoke of a ten-day winter this year. Wonder if he'll be right in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe Cioffi is signaling that he is thinking the cold February forecasts are likely to not verify . . . Speaking of another pattern change, to one more reminiscent of this past December. There was a poster in another thread who spoke of a ten-day winter this year. Wonder if he'll be right in the end.

if that were to happen-10 day winter it would match up with duds such as 94-95, 01-02 11-12 and to a lesser extent 05-06.

JB made a real curious prediction for the upcoming storm this weekend - he said " to blend Feb 5/6 2010 and February 17 -18 2003 for accumulations " HUH ?? Feb 5/6 I had 3 inches here in Middlesex County NJ and February 17 I had 22 inches  - I think he meant Feb 9 -10 2010

http://www.weatherbell.com/

No he clarified his statement saying he forgot 2/5/10 was so bad further north. He said for NYC to use 83 and 2003

No he clarified his statement saying he forgot 2/5/10 was so bad further north. He said for NYC to use 83 and 2003

yes I just saw he corrected himself - kind of strange Kocin made the same mistake wouldn't surprise me if Kocin and Bastardi talked to one another about this storm

JB

There is crucial model question around va capes as storms love to pull straight north along coastal front, which should be close to coast.

So if model wants storm 100 miles east Va Beach and its on top of them, will change feedback of system, result.

day 2-4 modeling notoriously too far e on east coast. So my forecast is blend of 3 similar storms, all in el nino years btw!

Just so happens that except on northern edge, model blend matches up very nicely, but has been out since SUNDAY. Bullseye near DC, not BOS

I agree. Storms want to follow the Gulf Stream. Which heads north east no straight east. This is why you often see that bench mark track

I don't understand why Rayno keeps NYC in the 6-12" zone if he thinks Boston is getting 6-12" also. Seems like if the storm trends that far north, then NYC is definitely getting over a foot.

Also, I've never heard of the "Norm MacDonald Rule" (storms exit N America continent at the same latitude they enter it). Has anyone heard this rule before? How accurate is it?

Alert Alert Alert

Another major victory by Bistardi .

His call from 6 days ago was

DC 20

Philly 18

NYC 14

Boston 11( they got 8 ) the forecast a day away was 0

An amazing hold through all the guidance that turned this E once off OBX.

There were posters here who hugged the PARA when it whiffed and posted the GFS SE QPF lean and how this was Feb 2010 again.

You guys conflate the climate arguement with his forecasting ability

He crushed this forecast but some morons will just never admit it .

Bastardi for all his things is one of very few mets who practice meteorology and not modelology.

The past week was a disgrace to the industry.

I think Bernie Rayno was good. He kept insisting the storm would come north at the last minute. He was way off on storm totals, though.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived