joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious to see how the rest of winter plays out. If it turns out to be mild with little to no additional snowfall then wouldn't the blizzard be considered a fluke/luck like 2006/1983.

And what about if this winter turns out to be the warmest on record, which is definitely still in the cards.

I think that is certainly on the table. But what a great storm it was, as was 83. 2006 was kinda meh here, but I do seem to recall JBcalling for it.

Jan will end up plus 2

One +18 and one + 15 is 1 of those 2 degrees.

The month on balance was slightly AN .

+2 is solidly AN but because of Decembers outrageous warmth and the blizzard it doesn't feel that way. However away from the city we're much closer to normal so that portion checks out ok.

So far your AN snowfalls working out but didn't you say winter would average +1 to +2 overall? If so then February better deliver some brutal cold.

+2 is solidly AN but because of Decembers outrageous warmth and the blizzard it doesn't feel that way. However away from the city we're much closer to normal so that portion checks out ok.

So far your AN snowfalls working out but didn't you say winter would average +1 to +2 overall? If so then February better deliver some brutal cold.

Wrote off Dec from back in Aug

Plus 1 2 with AN snow was always for J - M.

Its in the enso thread

...was looking forward to seeing one of the better NYC OCMs' on WABC ch.7(lee goldberg) ..

instead got one of the worst..no clue,no weather savvy,no insight,nada..SHE went on to say..'first 2 weeks

of feb look well AN'..

The fad of hiring only meteorologists for TV that took hold in the middle 90s and lasted into the early 2000s has mostly worn off. The last 8-10 years it's been like the 70s and 80s again, mostly non mets. I think the Tv stations realizes the public doesn't care if they are a degreed Met or not and many of them socially are inept

even though he was wrong about this week's storm coming west - he has been above average accurate about the overall pattern since last summer - so IMO have to highly consider what he is predicting down the road....

Incorrect...his period between Thanksgiving and Christmas was a disaster.  

"More wild than mild!"

Not to mention this storm wasn't the only one that he was hyping to the core.

Jan will end up plus 2

One +18 and one + 15 is 1 of those 2 degrees.

The month on balance was slightly AN .

on a whole the month had 19-20 days above average, 6-8 below average and 4-6 average.  thank god for that big storm or it would have sucked.  ask the people 60 miles north what they thought of this January lol

JB pulls the plug today-says cold for a week and then we torch.  MJO phases 4-5-6 will carry the day.   Says the cold is likely to be centered on the Midwest and snow chances will favor them vs us.   

-

Oh well, let's have the warmest winter ever then-might as well break some records for that.   Never bet against a strong nino to deliver warmth-that's the lesson I've learned here.

JB pulls the plug today-says cold for a week and then we torch.  MJO phases 4-5-6 will carry the day.   Says the cold is likely to be centered on the Midwest and snow chances will favor them vs us.   

-

Oh well, let's have the warmest winter ever then-might as well break some records for that.   Never bet against a strong nino to deliver warmth-that's the lesson I've learned here.

So this month is shot because of what he said? A lot of february and march cancel posts going around the internet this morning. Many people have said that the MJO doesnt mean anything in a strong El Nino February .

So this month is shot because of what he said? A lot of february and march cancel posts going around the internet this morning. Many people have said that the MJO doesnt mean anything in a strong El Nino February .

When Bastardi bails, you know it's going to be WARM...and you're right, there's no guarantee he's right but it's alarming to see a cold monger jumping ship

-

very interesting - what he just released in his daily update - public version on Weatherbell is the exact opposite - here is my proof - where is yours ?

http://www.weatherbell.com/

very interesting - what he just released in his daily update - public version on Weatherbell is the exact opposite - here is my proof - where is yours ?

his video and post on the pay site is pretty lousy for cold and snow lovers on the east coast...the free stuff is to entice people to join.

his video and post on the pay site is pretty lousy for cold and snow lovers on the east coast...the free stuff is to entice people to join.

where is your proof ? If you make a statement like that you have to back it up with some evidence......

I don't pay for JB's forecasts but he's right. I just read a couple of people's tweets from this morning and they said JB bailed on February and March. Supposedly he said after the week 2 cold in the east, it's over, he thinks the rest of February and March torch

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived