Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO    you could always  read what    I  fookign said

DT going ALEET! ALEET! over a day 10-12 threat?  

I have been talking about this THREAT here and over on the website ...since December 28 and the model data this morning is quite strong that the first significant East Coast winter storm is going to develop January 11-12. We can say this with some confidence because the overall strong signals been given off by the atmospheric patterns on the weather models JAN 2 to JAN 15.

When all the four important atmospheric pattern indices or what we call Teleconnections are this strong ...it becomes easier to forecast significant winter storms and the weather models do a better job of detecting them especially beyond five or six days.

All that being said let's be clear. We are NOT yet forecasting East Coast winter storm for January 11 - 12. What we are saying is that the potential is very high because the atmospheric patterns / teleconnections are very strong and closely match the atmospheric patterns that existed when we had other major East Coast winter storms.

In contrast to the private companies, the National Weather Service normally waits to with-in five days to mention the potential of a winter storm and only if they have some confidence in the overall pattern, indexes, and computer models.  However, year after year we’ve seen snowstorm busts even within 6 to 24 hours.

DT

do NOT give up on the 2nd half of this Winter --- major ARCTIC BLAST coming JAN 17-20 -- another THREAT for " something " JAN 22-23 --- POLAR VORTEX about to split which could have BIG implications for eastern US FEB 1- MARCH 30...

I'll believe it when I'm shoveling it.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

...both bastardi & cioffi talking about that 2nd wave(sun nite/mon am)..would favor

coast vrs inland..probably OTS,but i'll get 'sucked in' again only to be disappointed.

Kinda like being a ny jet fan..they 'suck you' in until ultimately ...well you know the outcome.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived