joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are signs of colder weather by mid December .

Anthony , HE DID NOT SAY COLDER BY MID MONTH . He said the pattern is starting to head to where the higher heights look to pull N by day 15 , but that is not a pattern change .

He says the mid month trough is progressive , He is AN for Dec and N for Jan .

He is not cold by mid month AT ALL . 

Anthony , HE DID NOT SAY COLDER BY MID MONTH . He said the pattern is starting to head to where the higher heights look to pull N by day 15 , but that is not a pattern change .

But.. but the gfs has one cold day on the 16th

I guess we heard differently. He did say that a change is coming mid month. I could possibly have weenie ears and only hear weenie voices.

But.. but the gfs has one cold day on the 16th

I don't know if you remember the 2011-2012 winter, but the models kept showing a cold pattern developing beyond day 11 that entire winter from the end of November right through March. That cold pattern never came of course, it just stayed beyond day 11 and never moved forward in time. We kept hearing about major pattern changes coming and sudden stratospheric warmings that never happened that whole winter

I don't know if you remember the 2011-2012 winter, but the models kept showing a cold pattern developing beyond day 11 that entire winter from the end of November right through March. That cold pattern never came of course, it just stayed beyond day 11 and never moved forward in time. We kept hearing about major pattern changes coming and sudden stratospheric warmings that never happened that whole winter

Yeah I definitely remember the lack of winter on the models around Christmas but many people were jumping ship by that point. We had that one moderate snowfall in late January and then basically spring arrived shortly thereafter.

If I recall, didn't  we have a positive PDO, EPO pattern that winter.

The winter of promises, but nothing to show up for it. 

That's my fear with this winter. While I'm still confident we'll have a productive back loaded winter, these strong nino events always make me nervous.

both 01-02 and 11-12 were like that.  And when we got the trough, it cooled things to normal-no cold air anywhere on our side of the globe both winters. (and few storms) Just awful.

both 01-02 and 11-12 were like that. And when we got the trough, it cooled things to normal-no cold air anywhere on our side of the globe both winters. (and few storms) Just awful.

There was one legit arctic shot in 11/12. Temps in the low teens. 97/98 had a low of 19 for the entire winter!!! That's just nuts

DT's Winter Forecast is out. He is calling for above normal temps in December, below normal temps in Jan and February. He said most of the winter weather for the east will occur in February - April. Here it is.

DT's Winter Forecast is out. He is calling for above normal temps in December, below normal temps in Jan and February. He said most of the winter weather for the east will occur in February - April. Here it is.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=1CA2F9A16D1A6375!280&ithint=file%2cpptx&app=PowerPoint&authkey=!AOSv7HIr2qlPss8

I'm a poor speller myself but does this guy proofread? Wow.

Other then that I like it. Right in line with my personal thinking.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived