wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March Pattern and Discussion

Bevo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The free 24 hr panels seemed to indicate a Miller Bish solution with the inland low transfering off the coast of SAV. Was this not the case?

It does transfer, it looks very simliar to the GGEM but it doesn't wrap up and hug the coast like the GGEM, it get's kicked out to sea.

This is for you Brick....

WxSouth

Long Lived neg. AO pattern finally does dirty work. 2 big snowstorms on Euro back to back some areas. #tnwx #ncwx #vawx #kywx #springcancel

Sure enough...the Euro has a Day 10 storm as well, only this one goes west of the Apps which could introduce some severe potential for Carolinas?

You must be blind in regards to the foothills...maybe a foot for Avery, Watauga and Ashe Counties. Maybe 3-6 for Surry, Wilkes, Caldwell and in the northern mountains from Mitchell to Madison.

Hard to tell but other frames appear to cover Wilkes, Alleghany, and Surry. 

Think we would be included...currently meeting ice storm warning criteria in Alleghany County, NC and there is not even a special weather statement out right now.  :axe:

The Euro drops .25 inch of liquid  imby on Friday morning with 850's at -3C and the Surface temp below freezing.  There's a sharp cutoff in precip where it looks like NC won't say anything: however, N. Ga and extreme Western SC might get luck

12z CMC also sneaks in a little wintry precip in this timeframe into TN, far NE GA, NW SC, NC Mtns.  This was originally the timeframe to watch with decent cold air in place and precip streaming ESE out of Kansas and Oklahoma off a weak southern plains wave.  The wave is weakening as it treks east, but is something to watch as I think the cold air support will be much more in question with the next bigger system on Sun/Mon.

Eric Thomas - "May, may see a little ice north of Charlotte Sunday morning." Typical 5-6 day out forecast for him. Aren't most models showing this as a rain or snow deal?

Fwiw, the 12Z CMC implies imo an IP/ZR threat for N GA CAD areas on Sun. 3/24 due to nice wedging and 850's only in the 0-5 C range there. Per the 12Z CMC and Euro, the most likely threat to Charlotte is snow.

The 18z GFS just showed a Lakes Cutter.

EDIT: Transfers to the coast off of New Jersey and nails the PA, NY, and the Northeast.  LOL.  Boston gets well over a foot of snow.

That has to be one of the most convoluted solutions I've ever seen.  Such a strange transfer in the Midwest and then to the NJ coast.  I don't even know what to say other than it's probably wrong.

The 18z GFS just showed a Lakes Cutter.

EDIT: Transfers to the coast off of New Jersey and nails the PA, NY, and the Northeast.  LOL.  Boston gets well over a foot of snow.

That has to be one of the most convoluted solutions I've ever seen.  Such a strange transfer in the Midwest and then to the NJ coast.  I don't even know what to say other than it's probably wrong.

So the GFS and Euro are pretty much total opposites right now.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Brick. Who cares about cold unless there is some wintry precipitation attached. If we would have been this far below normal(or even normal for that matter) in Dec. and Jan. then we would have had a shot but late March and early April, all it does is harm the budding plants

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Brick. Who cares about cold unless there is some wintry precipitation attached. If we would have been this far below normal(or even normal for that matter) in Dec. and Jan. then we would have had a shot but late March and early April, all it does is harm the budding plants

I care. I'm definitely liking the cold, whether there's wintry precip or not. Not everyone feels the same way as you. That being said, I don't take offense that you don't like it cold and dry. It is a matter of personal preference.

Archived