• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March Pattern and Discussion

Bevo

I think what happened to DC, the first part of this month, should be a big lesson (or warning) for tracking this potential system.

Yes... very much so!

this time there is even more inconsistency in trying to model how the system or back to back systems will behave.  By Wednesday it still might not be clear at all! 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course we would see signals of setups now. We all knew it was coming. A ****ty winter followed by a cold spring of misery LOL.

Agreed, it's not going to snow here in late March, maybe CLT, GSO and points west but this lack of spring blows. The GFS is a monster for the mountains up through the MA, looks like a March 6 redux.

Of course we would see signals of setups now. We all knew it was coming. A ****ty winter followed by a cold spring of misery LOL.

+1

Nothing like a punch in the gut from old man winter; giving us super strong blocking AND gulf lows.......a month too late.  Naturally.  :(

Can someone post the ukie?

Here you go Franklin...and my feeble attempt to comment...24-hour intervals are hard to read...Day 4 shows a low over N central Texas and one well out in the Atlantic...Day 5, the Texas low has magically disappeared and the Atlantic low bombs out over Newfoundland

Mets help!

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/UKHEMI_0z/ukloop.html

Here you go Franklin...and my feeble attempt to comment...24-hour intervals are hard to read...Day 4 shows a low over N central Texas and one well out in the Atlantic...Day 5, the Texas low has magically disappeared and the Atlantic low bombs out over Newfoundland

Mets help!

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/UKHEMI_0z/ukloop.html

I think you're viewing the 00z...the 12z isn't much different. It's obvious the Ukie doesn't have a hold on this system yet, the low isn't going to take that track IMO, the physics just don't work that way. Now look here I am sounding like DT.

Euro and Canadian look similar in evolution.  Sfc low tracking across northern FL with inverted trough extending up into TN.  Storm wave enters the U.S. in Washington state / northern Oregon, so with it entering that far north, we have the big challenge again of getting the wave to dig far enough south underneath the blocking vortex over the northeast / SE Canada (a tall task)

I know you asked Burger, but yeah, definitely miller B'ish'.

kUxlBNX.gif

Yuck.  So much for the classic Miller A.  How is the LOW supposed to cut toward Ohio/Apps with such record strong blocking?  Looks like EURO folded to GFS again. 

Edit nevermind, this is another northern stream shot in the dark.  Thought it was southern stream gulf storm.  Congrats to Mid-Atlantic north. 

Archived