amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 24th threat part deux

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just doesn't add up - it starts out with MORE dynamics between 12 and 51 hours compared to the 12z's same time intervals, but then ends up much weaker exiting the MA than the 12z - it's like its randomly adding or subtracting dynamics 

which f version do you trust!

It just doesn't add up - it starts out with MORE dynamics between 12 and 51 hours compared to the 12z's same time intervals, but then ends up much weaker exiting the MA than the 12z - it's like its randomly adding or subtracting dynamics

which f version do you trust!

Neither. The model blows outside of 18-24 hrs.

Looks like ENY escapes with less than 2" of snow on the GGEM, Euro, and now NAM.  The next cycle of the SREF should follow suit and then we just need the GFS, which should shift the precip field east as well.  If we can get the low to spin up quick, we might achieve the largest seasonal snowfall disparity between coastal NE and ALB in history.  Epic 2 year stretch going on out here. 

The last two cyles on the NAM have been overdone in terms of QPF.  But the lingering of the SLP is a good sign.

I guess you don't know SNE climatology lol

I doubt there's going to be much ice in this event...either rain or snow. There could be a thin band of sleet where the transition zone is though...maybe some brief ZR, but it doesn't really have a ZR look.

Par for the course last couple winters, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Eventually lows will start crossing inside the benchmark, but until then we'll wait our turn and wish them the best. Extreme western Mass and Vermont have had it the same, but most posters are in the populated areas east of the CT River. I spent the first couple decades of my life in the Western CT hills, and even with my higher elevation I remember too many storms where I flipped to IP or rain while Upstate NY and ALB were ripping... as it is, my climo is more in line with interior New England than it is with the lake areas of NY, so much of my time is spent here.

Looks like ENY escapes with less than 2" of snow on the GGEM, Euro, and now NAM.  The next cycle of the SREF should follow suit and then we just need the GFS, which should shift the precip field east as well.  If we can get the low to spin up quick, we might achieve the largest seasonal snowfall disparity between coastal NE and ALB in history.  Epic 2 year stretch going on out here. 

The last two cyles on the NAM have been overdone in terms of QPF.  But the lingering of the SLP is a good sign.

Par for the course last couple winters, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Eventually lows will start crossing inside the benchmark, but until then we'll wait our turn and wish them the best. Extreme western Mass and Vermont have had it the same, but most posters are in the populated areas east of the CT River. I spent the first couple decades of my life in the Western CT hills, and even with my higher elevation I remember too many storms where I flipped to IP or rain while Upstate NY and ALB were ripping... as it is, my climo is more in line with interior New England than it is with the lake areas of NY, so much of my time is spent here.

Which part of CT did you live in?

Archived