northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 24th threat part deux

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a really tough forecast outside of the high interior. I definitely would be conservative here..no question. Just a bizarre setup.

You could be like 2 or 10". Neither is hard to imagine. I do think the "wildcard zone" is E MA. Felt that way yesterday and don't really feel any different today.

The other thing that needs to be considered is solar insolation vs precip rates. This is for Sun"day"

You could be like 2 or 10". Neither is hard to imagine. I do think the "wildcard zone" is E MA. Felt that way yesterday and don't really feel any different today.

The other thing that needs to be considered is solar insolation vs precip rates. This is for Sun"day"

Yeah, 0.2" every 6hrs ain't gonna cut it.

18z GFS is very warm. Restricts accumulating snows to VT, NH and back towards Albany.

Yeah it's pretty warm, but I think it would cool quickly through most of Mass with a stronger SLP.

Actually ALB is mostly rain with a little light snow at the end on the 18z GFS.  Pretty close though.  Saragota and Glens Falls manage a nice event... and over into SVT.

The low placement would actually be pretty good for E NY and W MA, but it's weak and warm and therefore taints up to AQW. A more dynamic solution with this track would actually be good for this neck of the woods...

Yeah agreed.  However, I'm concerned that the GGEM, Euro, and NAM had very little QPF west of the NY border and ensembles have been cutting back steadily as well.  The GFS is a western outlier with its QPF field, and as you say, pretty warm.

So run to the bathroom, do something around the house/office and then come back and look. I just don't see the need for MBY BS and 10 posts complaining about peoples interpretations or lack thereof when they can solve the problem by themselves if they wait for 15min.

All due respect but you are missing the fun of this and the tongue-in-cheek ness of the whole thing.  I think the Wills and Scotts and Jeffs and Jerrys etc of our world get this....at least I  hope so.

It is a huge privilege to be in here and read the interpretation, and we weenies get worked up.  It is funny.  Relax.

How is ctrl RI getting more than LWM?

Exactly my point... Not sure what BOX is basing this map on, think Upton is being a bit too aggressive especially NW of the city where they have up to a low end advisory event, and even I see flakes according to them (<1”), however, think they might have a better clue than BOX on this, who just seems lost...

-skisheep

Archived