Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 24th threat part deux

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate model changes today.  Significant differences just since last night's 0z runs.  The cutoff is much further eastward ahead of the southern stream vort in this afternoon's guidance.  And this thing might still be evolving.  I could see it turning into mostly a miss with the primary tainting the airmass out ahead of a weak offshore coastal low.  Definitely heading in that direcion.  Maybe future runs increase the initial overrunning or just backtrack on the primary evolution.  H5 is really lousy on all guidance compared to earlier runs, and getting more lousy each cycle.

Par for the course last couple winters, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Eventually lows will start crossing inside the benchmark, but until then we'll wait our turn and wish them the best. Extreme western Mass and Vermont have had it the same, but most posters are in the populated areas east of the CT River. I spent the first couple decades of my life in the Western CT hills, and even with my higher elevation I remember too many storms where I flipped to IP or rain while Upstate NY and ALB were ripping... as it is, my climo is more in line with interior New England than it is with the lake areas of NY, so much of my time is spent here.

Well said.  I always hope for the snowiest possible solution if I am out of the game because I know there are people in other locations who will enjoy it just like we would.

I think this low could cross inside the benchmark and we still might get skunked because it develops late and keeps the good moisture east.

And again SLK goes from a warning event to just 2-4" on the latest NAM in the span of 24 hours, and EURO and GFS not much better. knew down here was out from the beginning, but what does Lake Placid have to do to get a warning event??? Almost all of the major storms have missed them except the blizzard and the 26th of december, Whiteface climo is over 200" inches, and  a 2 week period end of december beginning of january is the only thing keeping them close to average. Midweek next week has potential, but like everything else this winter it probably will trend east. Not heading to Berkshires unless they get atleast 6", I have vouchers at Hunter that I need to use and despite the zoo that it often is, they put out a very good product. Still hopeful for a reversal west, but don't think it's happening...

-skisheep

Archived