Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 24th threat part deux

Typhoon Tip

I'm banging the Euro ensembles/SREFs.

As you should , lets look at the Mlevels on this, all are south of SNE, an intial burst of warmth I could see but how does a deepening 8H 7H center near the BM throw more BL warmth way into VT. Something is messed up on the American models, its a very weird look. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you should , lets look at the Mlevels on this, all are south of SNE, an intial burst of warmth I could see but how does a deepening 8H 7H center near the BM throw more BL warmth way into VT. Something is messed up on the American models, its a very weird look. 

Canadian has it as well.

It's all how fast everything comes together. All signals argue against that warmth, but even the euro was mild. It shows you how important dynamics are. We torch aloft ahead of this low.

No I didn't. I saw that and also saw elevations are favored for accums. Obviously Noone has any clue yet what will happen including us on this forum

Elevation seems favored in the NWS P/C product right now as they have 32F with a rain/snow mix in my town at >600' and 31F with sleet/snow on the P/C here at 835' for the saturday night forecast period.

As of 4:55pm

Looks very reasonable... maybe more in NE MA depending on how quickly thicknesses crash.  Low levels will be warm though and any rain during the first half will make accums a bit harder falling on a wet/moist surface without a flash freeze type deal.  Still, if those UVVs pan out that NE MA area will go to parachutes with a good deal of QPF left.

Besides, it's not set in stome by any means..but I think it shows you that in areas like Tolland and cstl regions..you really want that s/w to go to town and induce bombogenesis off the coast. The trend for this to be separated and weaken with time is concerning. It doesn't mean that the 00z runs can't ramp up a bit, but something to watch. SREFs and euro are the coldest, but still have issues for said regions. I don't think much changed for ORH and north.

Archived