amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon everyone, as Waycroos? decided to go Golfing, guess I'll pick up where He left off..

Catching up,,,,(since 1pm), Reading Obs, Kudo's for those of you that are Cashing in (Especilly Southern Pines)...

Temp(s) fell short by about 5 degress from "forcast"...

IMBY, looks like the Wind9s) have went NNW around to almost Due NORTH, Temps dropping tenths of a degree, every 30 minutes or so.. .1.5 degree(s) In the past 2 hours...  Temp currently 48 w/ Wind(s)13 steady with gusts picking up to 17 MPH....Dew of 44, Humidty of 89% . Pressure currently, is 29.74 inches and falling...  

Getting quite dark to My WEST.... (You can "smell" the Moister in the air, you know, like before a SNOW "storm")...

WWA now posted for Our Tri-County warning area(s).....Until 6AM tomorrow morning.....

Temps just "across the River" 10 miles (South/South-West), +/- are in the Mid-30's...

It is SNOWING in WHITEVILLE NOW! 

Looking at sounding data and
moisture profiles...deep moist layer below 0c showing up from flow
to lbt by 18z. Shallow layer above freezing around 1k feet will drop
quickly once pcp begins with surface dewpoints right around freezing.
As layer saturates closer to the coast closer to 4 PM this
afternoon...it will start out above freezing up through 3k feet or
so. This will quickly shift to well below freezing above 1k feet by
early evening. Expect plenty of cold air to be drawn down to the
surface to help change over rain to snow. Big question is how much
snow to expect. Many factors will affect the accumulation such as
soil and ground temperatures and wet surfaces. Overall expect best chance of
any accumulation to be on grassy surfaces especially as temperatures cool
through this evening. Basically expecting up to around an inch of
snow inland with little to no accumulation close to the coast.
Looks like best chance of pcp for inland areas will come between 1pm
and 9pm and around 4 PM to midnight closer to the coast. With the
warm surface temperature...we are still expecting most of the
accumulation to be on grassy surfaces and some slick spots on
bridges and overpasses once the cold are moves into the region
later Saturday night.

A Winter Weather Advisory as be extended for all the zones except
the small coastal zones from Pender to Georgetown County.

Hardly doing anything here now. I starting to wonder if this is all we're going to get.

Brick I have no idea what to expect either, been a lot of talk about bands setting up in our area later this evening, I am hoping RAH gives another update at 3pm. Allan tweeted a little while ago saying its getting interesting.

It is snowing moderately here, grass is covered.

Brick I have no idea what to expect either, been a lot of talk about bands setting up in our area later this evening, I am hoping RAH gives another update at 3pm. Allan tweeted a little while ago saying its getting interesting. It is snowing moderately here, grass is covered.

What's Allan's twitter?

Picking up in intensity a little bit, but it's not going to get too hard for too long, based on the radar.  It should taper off through the afternoon in this area.  Might be it until the line out west comes through.

Not seeing how anyone gets 2-4 or 3-6 like RAH was mentioning, unless development occurs right over us.

I just go back from a snow chase.Of course mby got missed and didn't get even a flurry.  I drove 10 miles to my east to Easley,SC and observed thundersnow with pea sized graupel and huge flakes mixed in.  Over the 30 minutes it poured snow a heavy dusting was able to coat everything.

Unbelievable. Whiteout. Hky you're not near mile 133 on i40 are you? Interstate is covered in snow. Ever one is extremely slow. I'm heading home on 16 north at 5mph. I can't belive this. Pictures as soon as I'm home

I am 11 miles to the east and it is crazy right now off and on whiteout conditions and accumulation

Archived