joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother Nature finds new ways to screw with us. We get a coastal low, solid precip shield and actual snow falling from the sky and yet...no snow accumulation. Amazing.

Yeah, it's mostly melted on the ground now. It's nice to see it falling, but half the fun is for the kids to play in it and to have an excuse to stay home and enjoy it.

Nope, it won't but that was insane.  I might have picked up 1/2" in 15 minutes or so.  I'll have to measure.

If the RAP is right, we have another round of fun in a few hours.

I hope the RAP verifies. [crosses fingers]

Nice that you're getting good cover. I have maybe a quarter inch on the back deck, but grass can still be seen peeking through and the roads are only wet.

Based on the radar that band that everyone is hoping heads there way sure doesn't look like it will grow enough or pivot NE, looks like it's heading due ESE...

That blob is supposed to track SE along the SC/NC border or just south of the NC border all the way to the coast.  That's pretty much the track the models had been showing for that lee trough enhanced precip.

I hope the RAP verifies. [crosses fingers]

Nice that you're getting good cover. I have maybe a quarter inch on the back deck, but grass can still be seen peeking through and the roads are only wet.

It's still snowing moderately here, but the roads are starting to melt off.  That's how warm they are.  It's absolutely beautiful outside, though!

Looks like 0.75" on the ground or so.

Check out KGSO's report from 4 PM.

Heavy Snow!  I'm pretty close to the airport ... ~3-4 miles east of there.  I think I got a little heavier returns than there, though.

That blob is supposed to track SE along the SC/NC border or just south of the NC border all the way to the coast.  That's pretty much the track the models had been showing for that lee trough enhanced precip.

Well if that's the case than it's a flurry fest for most in RDU now, had some steady snow off an on, nothing accumulating.

Based on the radar that band that everyone is hoping heads there way sure doesn't look like it will grow enough or pivot NE, looks like it's heading due ESE...

You are right about that. The northern edge seemed to collapse just after it got here. Wondering if the RAP is correct about another band setting up and moving thru the Triad in a bit...thoughts anyone?

RAH updated the WWA saying heavy bands will move through between 8pm and 2am.

They updated the forecast too to 1-3" for tonight, not sure WTF to believe.  Obviously they are looking at more than the RAP.

Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 25. West wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Archived