• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

It's coming -- don't worry about temps. Once the snow starts, they absolutely crash. The cool thing about the approach is if you go outside with a good westward vantage point, you can actually see the big snow cloud approaching.

This is by far the coolest less-than-one-inch snowstorm I've experienced.

Good luck!

Sun is shining in CLT...can't wait for these bands to make it here...what a switch over it will be. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when I was in college @ SC in columbia in 96 or 97ish we actually had a lake enhanced snow shower in downtown columbia in early april.  It can happen with the right wind tragectory

Ceiling has risen and sky has brightened ahead of this band that's incoming. Almost like a lake effect or upslope band.

Snow just arrived. Nothing gradual about it. One second dry next second close to whiteout conditions with wind. Temp dropped two degrees within a three minutes upon arrival of the snow band. Ground turning white fast. None of the big flakes that were reported earlier by others. These are fine flakes due to the cold air above. Deck now covered in 5 minutes. Temp just dropped another degree since I started typing. Now 35.

Temps are CRASHING here in ILM...

Down 6 degrees in the past 20 minutes...(Now @ 41.0)   Wind(s) are picking up really really good, Skies/Cloud ceiling getting real DARK...  light drizzel ATM..

Winds NORTH steady @ 14 gusting to 20mph....

Pressure dropped 2/10's currently @ 29.73

Humidity 100%

Dewpoint... 41 degrees

Flock of birds just landed in the back yard,, feeding like crazy...

Archived